Physical Rehabilitation Technical Advisor
Jobs at:Federation Handicap International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
10 October 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Physical Rehabilitation Technical Advisor reports to project Manager and will provide technical leadership in the development of physical rehabilitation, including assistive technology, and health system approaches.
DESCRIPTION OF ASSIGNMENTS
• Support the development and strengthening of community-based rehabilitation services for mothers, infants, children, and adults
• Work at the district and national level to support policy, planning, budgeting, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of rehab/AT services
• Develop tools and training for frontline workers (facility and community based) to support children with disabilities and their families to participate in ECD/nutrition services
• With NCDA, inform development and rollout of adapted ECD tools/training for caregivers of children with disabilities.
• Coordinate with project staff to ensure the implementation of the Disability Inclusion and Rehab/AT Strategy
• Support with project reporting, ensuring that updates and progress on related indicators and successes are included in project reports and annual work plans.
• Work with and support Monitoring, Evaluation, and Accountability and Learning (MEAL) teams to support collection and use of disability disaggregated data
• Build capacity of project and partner staff in disability inclusion and Rehab/AT, in project activities.
• Represent disability inclusion and Rehab/AT aspects of the project to external stakeholders and participate in technical working groups.
Qualification & Education
• Master’s degree or higher in a physical rehabilitation and/or associated field is required
• At least, seven years of relevant experience in managing diversity in rehabilitation systems and services.
• Technical capacity, experience, and skills to develop quality sustainable physical rehabilitation services and community-based approach
• Experience in working with public and private rehabilitation institutions and technical services
• Diversified practices in the field of functional rehabilitation in Rwanda.
• Experience in the coordination and knowledge of functional rehabilitation actors.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda required, French, desired
• Strong technical skills around policy development and quality control for training curricula/tool development/revision and support for the physical rehabilitation national platform is required
• Experience in disability-inclusive development is required
• In-depth knowledge of the health and rehabilitation system in Rwanda (actors, policies, management, technical tools...)
• Knowledge of policies related to disability and access to inclusive services in Rwanda (health, education, employment, etc.)
• Knowledge of key national guiding documents, including but not limited to: Community Based Rehabilitation National Guidelines, Rwanda Physical and Functional Rehabilitation Services Accreditation Standards, and other training manuals/ toolkits.
• Interest in knowledge transfer in a participatory manner
• Interpersonal skills / Ability to work in a team and involve stakeholders and partners
• Sense of priorities and organization
• Motivation for the development of sectoral policies
• Ability to motivate others toward inclusive practices
• Sense of diplomacy and maturity
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.