Jobs at:Business Development Fund Ltd (BDF)
Deadline of this Job:
20 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
RECRUITMENT FOR ACCESS TO FINANCE FOR RECOVERY AND RESILIENCE (AFIRR) PROJECT
Business Development Fund (BDF) Ltd is a nonbanking institution that was established in 2011 with a core mandate of facilitating Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to access finance. BDF promotes alternative financing avenues by providing credit guarantees to viable projects, direct financing to start-ups, SACCO refinancing, and matching grants.
BDF is implementing a Five-Year World Bank financed project titled Access to Finance for Recovery and Resilience (AFIRR). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase access to finance and support recovery and resilience of businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Project design includes three main components namely (i) Liquidity and Recovery Facility to alleviate the financial constraints of firms and help them adjust their business to the post-COVID-19 scenario; (ii) Risk-sharing Facility aimed at enhancing, scaling up and expanding existing risk-sharing solutions such as partial credit guarantee (PCG) and insurance schemes with the objective of reaching MSMEs in sectors most hit by the COVID-19 pandemic; and (iii) Institutional Strengthening and Implementation Support which will aim at strengthening firms’ capability through the provision of tailored Business Development Services (BDS) and enhancing the capacity of institutions involved in the implementation of the project through provision of technical assistance support. Given the specificity of this project, BDF is setting up a Project Implementing Unit (PIU) that will oversee overall project implementation (coordination, monitoring and evaluation) over the next five years. Therefore, BDF seeks to hire six (6) competent and qualified staff with a contractual term of 5 years, which is the project period.
All the positions will be stationed at the Headquarters of the Business Development Fund (BDF) located in the Central Business District at M-Peace Plaza, 5th Floor, Kigali.
6. Procurement Specialist
Objective of the Procurement Specialist
The main objective of the Procurement Specialist is to assist the BDF Project Implementing Unit in managing the AFIRR procurement activities.
Ensuring all procurement activities under AFIRR project funding are carried out within timelines.
Adherence to the following fundamental principles:
• Economy: Ensuring that BDF gets the best value for money in terms of both price and quality for all the procured good/services
• Efficiency: Ensuring that the project procurement needs are met timely, and resources employed produce optimal benefits.
• Fairness: Ensuring that all procurement decisions and actions are unbiased and there is no preferential treatment to individuals or firms.
• Transparency: Ensuring that the procurement process and practices are clear, measurable, predictable; and the procurement information is easily and readily accessible to the procurement team and prospective service providers.
• Accountability: Ensuring that there is a sense of responsibility and accountability for actions taken in the procurement process.
Roles and responsibilities
• Prepare project procurement plans and participate in BDF annual planning and reviews.
• Work closely with all AFIRR project stakeholders in all procurement related issues
• Drafting all correspondences to be addressed to AFIRR project stakeholders in all procurement related matters.
• Prepare adverts and publish them in accordance with the World Bank procurement policy and guidelines.
• Prepare technical specifications and terms of reference for goods and services to be procured in close collaboration with the PIU Manager, BDF Chief Budget Manager, and the World Bank Procurement Analyst)
• Prepare tender documents and request for proposals (RFP) for goods and services to be procured under AFIRR project.
• Participate in bids evaluation and prepare the technical and financial evaluation reports.
• Prepare provisional and definitive notification letters.
• Process claims and advise BDF Management on the appropriate course of action to take.
• Draft contracts for reviews and signing by the successful bidders and the BDF Chief Executive Officer
• Ensure that all AFIRR project procurement information is well documented/filed and archived.
• Provide advice to BDF Management on all AFIRR project procurement related issues.
• Execute any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Skills and Expertise
The procurement specialist should meet the following requirements:
• At least a bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, procurement management, law or any other related field. A post graduate degree in these areas or having procurement certification and membership of a procurement professional body is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years working experience in procurement or general services management in a reputable organization.
• Knowledge of World Bank procurement rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and practices is an added advantage.
• Computer literacy and good knowledge of MS office applications.
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda is an added advantage.
• Skills in planning, organizing, and controlling.
• Excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit your application letter with Curriculum Vitae, notified copies academic and professional certificates, copies of Identity card, and contact details of three references to Info@bdf.rw or Hard Copies to BDF Office Reception at M.Peace Plaza,
5th Floor , attention of Human Resource and Administration Manager not later than Friday, 20th August 2021 at 11:00 AM.
NB: BDF will contact only those who will be shortlisted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.