Procurement and Administrative Officer
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
20 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Procurement and Administrative Officer supports Procurement and general operations of FHI360 Schools and Systems project in Rwanda. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support in procurement of goods and services needed for project activities through a competitive process and in line with established FHI360 policies and Funder regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews Purchase Requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
• Assists with developing bid specifications and Request for quotations
• Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and Rwanda Schools & Systems activity project needs are met.
• Assist project staff on all issues related to product specifications, prices and availability and appropriate substitutes.
• Design Criteria for supplier and vendor’s selection.
• Solicit vendors and supplier quotations within the required time limit.
• Participate in vendors and supplier’s proposals/quotations evaluation and analysis to ensure overall competitiveness, quality and compliance with specified requirements.
• Ensures compliance and efficiency in procurement of goods and services for Rwanda Schools & Systems Activity project.
• Check delivery of goods and/or services to ensure orders are filled correctly and goods meet specifications.
• Ensures the physical and electronic archiving of procurement records.
• Maintain policies and procedures of organizational and government regulations affecting purchases and share information with management, staff members and vendors.
• Works with accounting to ensure all receiving and shipping transactions are complete and accurate.
• Make certain that all administrative systems and processes (including facilities management, fleet management, procurement, travel administration, inventory/assets management) are highly reliable, finely tuned and well delivered and in compliance with funder and organizational policies and procedures.
• Set up and maintain files, prepare reports, presentation and graphic, provide project staff with office supplies, perform data entry, proofreads, and compile special reports as may be required.
• Provide meeting support as needed (e. g. Scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
• Prepare and maintain documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spread sheets, logs etc. to support functions.
• Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and activities for project staff.
• Use established filing and data systems and file all project files as needed.
• Review data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines.
• Gather readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos and other documents as may required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Public or related field
• Relevant experience in Supply Chain Management and/or a minimum of 5‐7 years’ experience in procurement and at least 5 years in administrative support
• Ability to prepare procurement reports providing periodic status updates as necessary required.
• Knowledge of the laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations governing commodities and services purchasing for USAID funded programs; the methods, policies, and procedures involved in purchasing a large quantity and variety of supplies, equipment, services, and goods; contract law; the various contract development and source selection methods.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Rwanda-Any/Procurement-and-Administrative-Officer_Requisition-2021201708
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.