Program Assistant (Technical Unit)
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people in the United States and around the world.
FHI 360 is a global development organization, with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our team of professionals includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment, and research. FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with more than 4000 employees in the United States and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at all levels and our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to have a lasting impact on the people, communities, and countries we serve by improving the lives of millions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Program Asistant (technical unit) for the Schools and Systems (S&S) USAID-funded project in Rwanda.
The Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity will strengthen the education system to enable all pre-primary and lower primary school and classroom environments to be of high quality, inclusive, and focused on learning of foundational reading skills. Specifically, five-year activity will improve learning outcomes by focusing on increasing Kinyarwanda literacy skills of boys and girls through primary 3 (P3) through four intermediate results: (1) Pre-primary education system enhanced to develop, promote and improve emergent literacy, (2) Lower primary reading classroom instruction improved, (3) School environments improved for increased lower primary reading outcomes, and (4) Education systems management strengthened for improve literacy outcomes. The Schools and Systems Activity will include a focus on learning for children with disabilities to ensure project approaches reach all children.
The Program Assistant supports the technical and programmatic operations related to teacher professional development and provision of support to other education system actors. Under the direction of the Teacher Professional Development Specialist and the Training Support Coordinator, the Program Assistant performs a variety of program support functions. The position requires solid knowledge of programmatic operations and procedures related to project implementation with government agencies involving large scale training of teachers and supporting other education actors. Duties performed may include assisting in the preparation of activity plans and terms of references, activity reports, field mission report, and expense reports, compiling, organizing, and filing program documents, among others.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide assistance to the technical team by executing the administrative activities related to the implementation of teacher professional development and training of education system actors such as management of attendance and participation records.
• Assist with preparation and drafting letters to stakeholders, memoranda, notes of activities, and other documents that are necessary for the smooth running of the technical unit.
• Prepare requisitions of service and supplies and request for reimbursement of program staff travel expenses.
• Support in the preparation of documents / materials related to the organization of field activities.
• Assist in the development, updating, and dissemination of program communications materials for external audiences.
• Maintain the inventory of program materials.
• Support the organization of meetings and workshops, including venue arrangements, refreshments, and writing activity reports when needed.
• Maintain and distribute a detailed calendar of team member travel and key events.
• Execute other activities that are required and authorized for the proper performance of their functions.
• Bachelor's Degree in any human and social development related academic discipline (education, sociology, political science, public administration, social administration, anthropology, etc).
• At least 2 years experience in provision of administrative support to implementation donor-funded projects including large scale training of government employees
• Experience working with international organizations and USAID-funded project and government entities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, ability to identify and resolve operational constraints
• Demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and to take initiative.
• Experience of handling diverse range of complex situation.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits. Please visit the FHI 360 Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an employer with equal opportunity and affirmative action. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status in policies, programs, or activities
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.