Program Manager I/Capacity strengthening Advisor
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Service (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
You will manage programming in the Country Program (CP) for INECD, providing technical oversight of the development and implementation of the CRS Rwanda’s INECD Capacity Strengthening and Coordination Activities, ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that supports high-quality programming advancing Catholic Relief Services (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of INECD Program. You will work with INECD technical advisors and officers to ensure that Comprehensive capacity strengthening and coordination efforts are designed and implemented at national, district, and lower levels involving both GOR stakeholders and local partners. You will report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) of INECD.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of all capacity building and coordination efforts under the INECD Program to ensure project plans, implementation and sustainability measures are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, GoR’s policy strategies, and industry best practices.
• Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff.
• Lead the development of program learning - identify opportunities for learning, research, and publications in capacity strengthening, partnership, and coordination, and implementation of MEAL policy. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda. Ensure integration of innovations and best practices.
• Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure the growth of the CP’s Capacity Strengthening and Coordination sector portfolio in line with an agency, regional, and CP’s Partnership strategic priorities. Serve as the technical lead and technical writer to ensure quality marketing material to capture innovations and lessons in Capacity Strengthening and Coordination per agency and donor standards.
• Oversee technical assistance and capacity-strengthening activities under INECD for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
• Oversee the identification, assessment, and strengthening of partnerships relevant to INECD and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools, and approaches.
• Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
• Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in the respective programming areas, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
• Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
• Ensure submission of timely and high-quality reports on program performance, partnership forum, collaboration outputs, research undertakings by directly compiling and through coordination of relevant partner and CRS’ staff
• Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations, Public Administration or in the field of Social Science required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with at least 2-3 years working in Capacity Strengthening and Coordination, preferably with an international NGO.
• Required Languages - Oral and written fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. French is a plus.
• Travel – The position is Kigali based. Must be willing and able to travel up to 50 %.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to make a sound judgments.
• Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write reports
• Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the attached application form, Self -Declaration Clause and submit them together with one page Cover letter plus updated CV (maximum three pages) all in/as one document - via email only to: RW_HR@crs.org not later than Friday, September 17, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.