Programme Policy Officer Cash Based Transfers
Jobs at:World Food Program (WFP)
Deadline of this Job:
05 March 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Career Opportunities: Programme Policy Officer Cash Based Transfers (SC8) (117081)
Would you like to join the WFP Rwanda team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused programme services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective programme solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Rwanda? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
The selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance .
• Technically support and coordinate Country Office (CO) Units and Field Offices (FOs) in the design, implementation, and monitoring of Cash-Based Transfers (CBT);
• Build CBT capacities of CO Units and FOs by enhancing CBT related knowledge, i.e., tools, methodologies, strategies;
• Ensure data is managed and updated with accuracy and timely manner;
• Plan the monthly cash transfers to ensure that the disbursements are made on time;
• Plan and coordinate the registration of eligible beneficiaries in collaboration with partners;
• Liaise with relevant CO Units to facilitate the internal processing of cash transfers to beneficiaries
• Promote best practices and harmonization of CBT implementation strategies within CO, ensuring decision taken are based on evidences;
• Carry out field missions to review CBT implementation and provide feedback and analysis to management for their informed decisions;
• Actively participate in the monitoring and evaluation of CBT in collaboration with Strategic Outcome (SO) teams, M&E and VAM team, Gender and Protection, FOs and others;
• Conduct a periodical review on CBT related Standard Operation Procedures, guidelines, and others;
• Participate in the management of CBT allocated funds, i.e., resource management discussions, cash reconciliation working group;
• Provide timely and quality input related to CBT, i.e., narrative, update, costing and budget, and analysis, for an update, briefs, fact sheet, proposals, and reports;
• Promote and ensure coordination with stakeholders including organizing both internal and external CBT working group meetings on a regular basis and documenting the minutes of the meetings;
• Support and contribute to CBT related studies, assessments, and missions, from preparation to final reporting;
• Participate in and represent WFP at various fora including technical and field-level coordination working for groups as relevant;
• Perform other tasks as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
Technical Skills including operations, budget planning, performance review, project planning, task management, and documentation. Knowledge of Cash-Based Transfers. Courtesy, tact, and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint. Ability to adhere to timelines. Ability to deliver consistently high-quality results with speed despite stress and pressure. Spirit of initiative and capacity to work independently as well as being part of a team of people from different national and/or cultural background.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other fields relevant to international development assistance.
• At least three years of relevant professional experience in development. Experience in data analysis and management.
• Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Kinyarwanda.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
This job is open to Rwandan Nationals only and selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical/ written test, and a panel interview.
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV and cover letter, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.