Jobs at:Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR)
Deadline of this Job:
24 July 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Access to Finance Rwanda seeks to recruit a qualified and competent individual to fill the full-time staff position of a Project Accountant for its upcoming project “Accelerating growth of Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) through expanding the e-commerce sector in Rwanda”.
The Project Accountant ensures that AFR’s project financial resources are managed according to good accounting practice and in compliance with AFR and Donor policies, procedures, and requirements. In particular, to ensure that the information entered into the financial management system is complete and financially sound; that it is managed through a robust and proactive reporting system and provides accurate, financial analysis and business insight to enable comprehensive financial decision making. The Project Accountant reports to the Project Manager and works closely with the Head of Finance and Administration of AFR. ,
This position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and is contingent upon project award to AFR.
The “Accelerating growth of Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) through expanding the e-commerce sector in Rwanda” is a project implemented by Access to Finance Rwanda in partnership with Rwanda’s ICT Chambers and BFA Global.
The project aims to spur the growth of livelihoods and employment opportunities through digital commerce, which works together to address the barriers and promote an enabling market system for e-commerce with onboarding MSEs into the digital economy at the core.
The main program elements are:
• enabling MSE’s sell on digital platforms and expand digital payments
• developing a network both for the MSE’s and workers that provides linkages across e-commerce value chains and value-added services
• creating linkages and partnerships with financial service providers
Working through an ecosystem approach the project will seek to address systemic solutions to draw the underserved groups of the MSME sector into the digital economy to derive its benefits: the informal microenterprises, the young men and women in informal employment, to unlock their potential and for them to strive for decent and meaningful work. This pilot program seeks to reach up to 1,500 MSEs and 2,000 young women and men workers directly through digital onboarding. It also seeks to spur the e-commerce system to engender wider, more inclusive adoption and crowd more investment and actors into the market system afterward. .
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Project Accountant will be responsible for the following key tasks and responsibilities;
• Payments processing in accordance with existing policies and procedures as well as contractual requirements
• Preparation of Project operational budget and continuous budget monitoring. Monthly tracking and reporting of spending against budget and ensuring the approved budget is adhered to by keeping all stakeholders well informed
• Transactions processing: Ensure timely and accurate posting of all project transactions in the ERP with fully approved supporting documents appropriately filled for future reference
• Bank and Petty cash management; ensure periodic and timely bank reconciliation is done and Petty cash is appropriately managed as per company policies and procedures.
• Ensure safe storage of all project records both soft and hard copies such as supporting documents to transactions, payments, contracts, MOUs, etc.
• Maintain an updated project fixed asset register and ensure company assets are efficiently and appropriately utilized for the benefit of the project
• Ensures the management of the data file and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports.
• Project payroll preparation ensuring all statutory deductions and accurately computed declared and paid on time
• Reporting; Timely and accurate preparation of project periodic financial and funders’ reports and submit to Head of Finance and Administration
• Support to audits and review. Provide support to and ensure the smooth running of internal and external review as well as internal and external audits
• Cash flow planning and forecasting; maintain continuous project forecasting ensuring that the project has sufficient operational liquidity.
• Any other duties as requested by the Head of Finance and Administration and AFR Management
• Transactions posted with supporting documents
• Financial reporting (Adhoc, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual)
• Timely processing of payments to staff, implementing partners and vendors
• All other implied deliverables
• Manages resources and deadlines with minimum supervision.
• Responsible, flexible, adaptable and takes initiative
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse organization,
• Good understanding of IFRS and GAAP.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda;
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognized University
• Having certifications in ACCA, CPA is a MUST and will be treated as a competitive advantage
• At least 5 years of proven professional experience in accounting from a reputable organization.
• Strong organizational network experience, with experience working in a learning environment, and an ability to identify clear lessons and important issues that can be shared with others to constantly improve performance,
• Experience of working on a project funded by development partners such as the Mastercard Foundation, DFID, SWEDEN, USAID or others
• Proven experience of operating computerized accounting systems. Excellent knowledge of spreadsheet design and use,
• Proven, extensive experience in financial statement preparation and reporting. • High level of numeracy, accuracy and analytical skills
Duration of Assignment: One year contract with possible extension based on performance and availability of funds.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All qualified applicants should apply through Job in Rwanda using the following link: https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=32143 by the 24th July 2020.
• The application should contain a CV with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position, and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 1 page) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
• All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
• For any questions regarding the application process please contact the https://www.jobinrwanda.com/ during working hours only from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
• The position is open to Rwandans only.
• Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Short-listed candidates will undergo written examination and oral interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.