Jobs at:U'MWiza Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
23rd November 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: PROJECT ACCOUNTANT FOR U’MWIZA RWANDA
REPORTS TO: Project Coordinator
The total compensation (base salary and benefits) will be between RWF 10,626,756 and RWF 12,457,928 depending on education and work experience. .
• Document financial transactions for the Coordinating unit by entering them in the Cashbook and into Abila.
• Examine, carry out and properly file cash and bank reconciliations for the Coordinating unit
• Carry out monthly disbursements of funds to subprojects while ensuring that all the supporting documents e.g. Financial memos are sent to the respective subprojects
• Ensure a proper, efficient and timely process in budgeting and disbursement of benefits to the beneficiaries.
• Review accounting transactions, bank reconciliations and financial reports for all the subprojects and submit to the regional Accountant within the given timelines.
• Ensure all staff advances, supplier invoices and other project payments are processed in line with laid down procedures and that they are all correctly accounted for.
• Maintain updated asset and liability listing for the project.
• Maintain up to date internal controls; preparing and recommend policies & procedures while ensuring their implementation.
• Oversees the payroll function and ensures that all statutory obligations are met and submitted to the government.
• Prepare and consolidate annual budget for the project in liaison with the departments, subproject teams and ensure compliance with the budget.
• Cooperate with external auditors to ensure that all records required during the audit process are availed; any queries responded to and any recommendations are implemented.
• Regularly analyze financial statements and advise the Project coordinator on the financial position of the project.
• Coordinate accounting works within the project and carry out support subproject visits.
• Secures financial information by ensuring data backups are carried out.
• Any other duty as assigned by the Project Coordinator
• Languages: Fluency in Kinyarwanda and either English or French, with working knowledge of the other
• Strong computer skills in a Windows environment including e-mail, Skype, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Ability to write reports and correspondence required. Ability to write procedure manuals preferred
• Excellent organizing capabilities
• Attention to detail
• Proven experience in managing people
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in accounting
• At least 5 years of working experience in an accounting role
• Having a professional certificate will be an advantage
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.