Project Coordinator – Grant Management
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Trócaire was established in 1973 as the overseas development agency of the Catholic Church in Ireland and is inspired by the Catholic Social Teaching, with an overarching commitment to social justice. Trócaire is registered to operate in Rwanda and has a long history in Rwanda having opened an office in Kigali in 1994. Today Trócaire works in 7 of the 30 districts with 17 local partner organizations.
Since 1994, the country programme has registered success in conflict transformation, deepening citizen participation and accountable governance, value-chain and microfinance development. From 2016-2020 in line with the Country Strategic Plan, Trócaire in Rwanda is delivering an integrated programme focusing on 3 main programme pillars – Resource Rights which builds on our previous Livelihoods work, Women’s Empowerment and preparing and responding to emergencies .
Scope and responsibilities of the role
• A Project Coordinator role has arisen in Trócaire Rwanda to lead the implementation of a 4-year project under the Resource Rights and Natural Resource Management programme Pillar.
• Trócaire Rwanda, through its Resources Rights work, will support rural, poor communities living around the Nyungwe National Park in Nyamagabe and Nyaruguru districts, to become empowered to assess, plan and sustainably manage their land and common natural resources leading to more environmentally and economically sustainable and resilient communities. The project will do this through a unique partnership approach in which livelihood, biodiversity and agroecology expertise is being combined with knowledge of- and acceptance by- the communities where the project will work.
• Trócaire Rwanda will implement the project through 3 partners. Trócaire in Rwanda has been working alongside local partner organizations since July 1994 throughout the country. The local partner organizations identified for this project, are highly experienced local civil society organizations with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the domain of biodiversity conservation, community-based mapping and action planning, beekeeping, income generation, small business creation and saving and lending. In addition, the local partner organizations have an operational presence in the targeted communities and have strong working relations with the targeted communities and local authorities.
• The role of Project Coordinator– Grant Management is part of the Country Programme Team and is contingent upon donor approval.
• For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive salary and benefits.
• This post will lead to the implementation of the 4-year project to ensure that rural, poor communities living around the Nyungwe National Park are empowered to assess, plan and sustainably manage their land and common natural resources leading to more environmentally and economically sustainable and resilient communities. Apart from day to day activity coordination, the role will be responsible for the implementation of donor-specific requirements and regulations and will provide technical and organizational support to the project’s local implementing partners.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Expected skills, competencies, and qualifications:
• Strong Project Management skills;
• Excellent written, oral and presentational communications skills;
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda;
• Ability to manage heavy workloads, to perform in pace and to meet deadlines.
• Motivated to learn new skills
• Quick learner
• Bachelor's Degree in natural resource management, environment protection, agriculture, international development, program management, business administration, or any other related field.
• Project management experience and a strong understanding of project cycle and tools to be used in ensuring strong project management, monitoring, and quality insurance
• Affiliation and/or experience in the delivery of natural resource management and working with local communities (3 years minimum)
• Experience of working in partnership organizations is a pre;
• Experience in biodiversity management and income strengthening approaches;
• Experience of working together with Civil Society Organisations, Local NGO’s and/or cooperatives
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.