Project Officer (Let the Children Come Project)
Jobs at:World Vision International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
26 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Project Officer is expected to facilitate the successful implementation of the “Let the Children Come” Project. S/he will also ensure, monitoring and reporting is done for project activities regularly while working closely with targeted children, parents /caregivers, and faith leaders to ensure their full participation and are benefitting from the project interventions. The project will run for 2years with a possibility of extension.
• Planning and Implementation
• Facilitate the LCC project planning and implementation in the targeted districts/clusters;
• Facilitate partnerships with churches in project spiritual nurture programs promoting children’s participation in Sunday schools, Bible clubs, and national and community level events.
• Facilitate partnerships with Faith Based Organizations and key stakeholders towards the development and access of spiritual nurture materials
• Facilitate LCC project training programs for parents/caregivers and faith leaders
• Work collaboratively with Faith Based Organizations/Churches to establish Children’s discipleship programs and policies at the national and community levels.
• Integrate project activities with other WV sectors especially the Resilience and Livelihoods Technical Programme Spiritual Nurture Interventions.
• Facilitate the development of clear formal agreements with Faith Based Organizations and other key project stakeholders
• Targeted children, parents/caregivers, and faith leaders benefit from the project
• Children participate in LCC Project Christian Discipleship programs
• Increased accessibility of Spiritual Nurture Materials and Children’s discipleship curriculum by project beneficiaries (Children, parents/caregivers/faith leaders)
• Parents/caregivers and faith leaders trained in Celebrating Families and Children’s discipleship
• Disseminated policies and programs promoting Children’s Discipleship programs nationwide
• Good collaboration is promoted with Churches at the national and community levels.
• The LCC project is fully aligned to World Vision’s Strategy and Technical Programmes.
• Formal agreements established with Partner Organizations to achieve Project outcomes.
• Monitoring and Evaluation, Learning and reporting
• Collaborate with the LCC Project manager and DME manager to ensure monitoring tools are developed and are in place to track the implementation of activities.
• Ensure that the LCC project indicators are uploaded into and reported in Horizon and the reporting of project indicators is aligned.
• Ensure documentation and consolidation of all LCC Project information, learning, including practices, success stories, plans, budgets, and reports.
• Ensure the planning for project baselines and evaluations
• Conduct field monitoring visits to ensure evidence of reported activities and outputs at the field and beneficiary level; And ensure lessons from project implementation ( Celebrating Families, and Christian Discipleship programmes ) are systematically documented and shared with the Project manager and DME manager
• Prepare monthly and quarterly activity reports and submit them to the supervisor
• M&E Tools available for tracking LCC Project interventions
• LCC Project is reported in Horizon and project indicators reporting is done adequately.
• LCC project and impact data, success stories, plans, and reports are documented and consolidated at national level
• Project baselines and evaluations conducted
• Lessons learned are shared for learning and replication of impact.
• NO annual reports featuring LCC project impact and contribution to Child Well Being
• Resource Acquisition
• Contribute to the development and update of SNC fact sheets, capacity statements, and talking points for donor engagement
• Work with GAM team in developing Children’s Spiritual Nurture related concept papers/proposals writing.
• Proposal documents use of SNC factsheets and demonstrating WV’s faith and calling as a strategic driver in CWB
• GAM Team supported with SNC related information
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
• Required Professional Experience
• 2 years’ experience facilitating Children’s Christian Discipleship Programs
• Experience in designing and developing spiritual nurture/Christian formation materials.
• Excellent communication, facilitation, and networking skills which inspire confidence with local community stakeholders (partners, parents/caregivers)
• Cross-culturally sensitive and aware, has a flexible worldview, and is able to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds and to rise above denominational differences.
• Required Education,training, license,
• registration, andcertification
• Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Social Sciences, Psychology, Community Development, or other Development related fields.
• Excellent Computer Skills
• Fluency in English (excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication skills).
• Effective written and verbal communication in Kinyarwanda
• Preferred Knowledgeand Qualifications
• Mature, committed Christian with emotional and spiritual maturity
• Good Monitoring and Evaluation knowledge and skills is an added advantage
• A demonstrated knowledge in Children’s Christian Discipleship approaches
• Experience in positive parenting programs/ approaches
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.