Project Support Accountant
Jobs at:Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR)
Deadline of this Job:
24 May 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Project Support Accountant will work closely with program teams to support them in project budgeting, financial planning, and finance management.
• Responsibilities include assisting with the selection of Implementing Partners (IPs) and ensuring correct fund disbursement to IPs.
• Additionally, the Project Support Accountant is responsible for helping to ensure that grant-related risk-management practices are adhered to and the implementation of effective grant management systems, ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
Reporting line: The position reports to the Grants and Contracts Manager
Scope of Responsibilities
The Project Support Accountant will be responsible for the following key tasks:
• Support project teams and key stakeholders in clarifying resourcing requirements and developing comprehensive project budgets and annual work plans
• Support project leads in effectively managing each project’s finances, achieving value for money, and ensuring compliance with AFR and Funders policies
• Manage the processes associated with sub granting for the projects being supported, ensuring that funds are disbursed to Implementing Partners in accordance with the signed contracts and AFR & Donor contracts
• Work together with project teams to assist with the initial selection, assessment, and subsequent on-boarding of Implementing Partners (IPs)
• Ensure that all risk management and accountability provisions are adhered to by both AFR staff and implementing partners in the projects being supported
• And other duties as requested by the Grants and Contracts Manager
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance management (required)
• Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA (desired)
• Knowledge and working experience with an accounting software package
• At least 5 years’ experience in grants, sub grants and budget management and proposal budgeting at similar level, of which at least 3 in the development sector
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and good skills in using financial software applications
• Thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting, and grants, sub grants and contracts management processes
• Solid knowledge of key donor regulations and compliance requirements
• Proven track record of effective analysis, proactive problem solving, and financial trouble shooting
• Good understanding of fund accounting, financial analysis, and auditing
• Good oral and written communication skills in English; French and Kinyarwanda are also an advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.