Jobs at:World Relief Rwanda (WRR)
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To facilitate the implementation of its activities in Karongi District, World Relief Rwanda (WRR) wishes to recruit a qualified and well-experienced candidate to fill the position of Promoter. The job description and requirements for this position are as follows: .
The position is responsible for providing full support on church integral mission and church development, basing on the objectives of Church Empowerment.
Job responsibilities and activities:
Support the Directorate of Church Empowerment
1. Make a plan and reports of the activities to be done in his respective area.
2. Ensure the most vulnerable participation in church activities design, implementation, and monitoring.
3. Supervision of the implementation of planned activities on behalf of World Relief Rwanda and the church in the area.
4. Support the volunteers and local church leaders in the development of work plans, reporting, and monitoring.
5. Develop a system of monitoring and evaluation of the Church Empowerment in the area with the promotion of periodic reviews, and of highlight the strengths, weaknesses, and lessons learned.
6. Work with local church leaders to establish a church event in the community.
7. Participate in identifying, mobilizing, and training volunteers, who will work with the local church leaders, and train the others.
8. Work with CEZ Coordinator and the others to develop applicable materials that help to reach to the CEZ objectives.
9. Participating in the coordination meeting of stakeholders in the area and share information of the church activities.
10. Develop the capacity of the local church leaders and volunteers to advocate for the most vulnerable for the protection and promotion of human rights.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• A diploma or A1 in Social work, Education, Community Health and other related field or A2 in Education, Human sciences, social sciences with three years of experience in community works
• Compatible with organizational mission and values
• Strong understanding of the Church mission
• Demonstrate experience of working with NGOs and local government
• Good experience to use a computer: Word and Excel
• Good written and spoken English and local language ( Kinyarwanda)
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Must be proactive with good problem-solving skills
• Capable to work under pressure in a multicultural environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the local church leaders and others
• Ready to travel most of the time in hard field conditions
• Living in the working sector is a requirement
• He/she has at least three years of working knowledge
• Experience working in a community with a local church and local government
• Experience in writing report
• Experience in training skills
• Trips to the field and stays in the area of work
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Please submit your motivation letter written to the Country Director of World Relief Rwanda indicating the sector you would like to work in, a copy of your notified certificates, comprehensive curriculum vitae with three (3) names of referees, and a church recommendation letter from your Pastor or Priest, no later than October 20th, 2020 by 4:00 p.m.
• Applications will be either submitted at WRR Office located in Karongi District, Twumba Sector or WRR Office located in Kigali.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Director of Administration and Finance
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.