Recruitment Of An Audit Firm
Jobs at:SOS Children's Villages Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
11 November 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Terms Of Reference For Recruitment Of An Audit Firm
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is a local and International Organization which provides childcare programmes: family based care of orphans and vulnerable children, family strengthening, child rights advocacy, and other alternative care options for children’s better living and development. In this regard, we would like to hire an audit company to conduct interim and final audits for one of its Institutional Partnership Development projects, Quality Alternative Care.
Scope and Location of Auditing
The audit engagement shall be conducted at the location of the project (Kigali), in particular at the place where the project bookkeeping is done. The auditor’s assignment includes the following tasks:
• To verify whether or not the entity has accounting and operating policies and procedures manuals and their conformity with the agreements and relevant national regulations.
• To verify whether the Project has special bank accounts: one in EUR, that may be used to receive funds from various donors and one in LCY, that is used especially and exclusively for the project.
• For all transferred installments, examine the accuracy and completeness of records (dates and amounts of exchange transactions, relevant fees, etc.) of the exchange transactions between EUR funds received from HGFD and LCY.
• To examine whether any gain was generated from payments of HGFD and/or any third party, and if so, whether the interest thus gained was properly reflected in the accounting documents and used for the financing of project expenditure.
• To thoroughly examine the bookkeeping records and ensure their alignment with the voucher list
• On a sample basis, verify that the Project transactions are supported as required by Partnership Agreement (e.g. invoice, receipt voucher …).
• For all assets procured for project purposes with value above EUR 400 (or the respective amount in local currency, using the actual donor’s exchange rate), check whether the inventory and internal procedures for ensuring compliance with appropriation periods are in line with the procedures stipulated in the PA.
• To verify that procurement of goods and services is made in conformity with Partnership Agreement conditions/ SOS CV RWANDA procurement procedures
• If immovable were purchased or buildings erected or renovated as part of the project, to examine evidence of ownership or of a right of disposal, and to find out whether any encumbrances or obligations to third parties were created; also to examine whether they are being used for project purposes for which they were destined as stipulated in the Project Proposal.
• To certify that any transfer of ownership for items financed out of the grant has been documented (Asset Transfer Agreement) and previously agreed upon with HGFD.
• To reconcile the project cash balance (considering all bank accounts used for the project) and obtain entity justification with regard to unspent amounts, if any.
• In case of Revolving Funds (e. g. Microcredit Schemes) to examine that they have been utilised in accordance with the terms laid down in the project proposal, especially referring to the loan purpose, the defined target groups, and loan modalities.
• Provided that expenses are recorded when paid (cash-based method), verify that non-cash items including depreciation and imputed costs are NOT charged to the project.
Auditing of Annual Statements
The auditor shall audit the accounts for periods starting from1st July 2020 and ending on 31/12/2021, later will conduct interim audit of the same project in 2023, and the final audit in 2024.
The auditing shall be conducted in accordance with the relevant national regulations as well as SOS-internal auditing standards. In addition to the auditing as such, the auditor may provide professional advice in whatever financial management and bookkeeping matters.
The yearly audit report shall be submitted to HGFD not later than 28 / 29 of February every year and the final audit covering the whole project duration not later than three months after project.
The auditor shall draw up his statement according to the specimen provided by HGFD in the Partnership Agreement, which will be provided to the successful bidder by SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda. The original vouchers must be presented structured in conformity with the items of the financing plan and in chronological order. The Annual Audited Statement of Accounts should be accompanied by condensed voucher list as a hard copy signed and certified by the auditor only. Budget Items that exceed the budget appropriations by more than ± 20% must be explained separately, if the prior approval has not been obtained from HGFD. The audit report should contain the detailed task that has been entrusted and a detailed list of documents, which have been made available for inspection.
The audit report should also include precise comments and recommendations on the accounting systems/procedures in force. Each following audit report shall refer to such recommendations and verify whether the project holder has implemented the same. A copy of official registration certificate is attached to the audit report.
Final Audit Package
The auditor should submit the following documents, properly signed and stamped, on the completion of the audit process as Audit Package:
• Auditors’ independent opinion including reasons for negative or restricted audit certificate, if any.
• Audited statement of accounts
• List of key employees and a condensed voucher list
Financial Statements are signed by National Director of SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda and authorised person or as specified by the law of the country.
• 5 years of work experience as an international audit firm legally registered In Rwanda
• 3 proof of work experience with similar international NGOs
• members of the audit team should have professional experience and international accounting and/or auditing qualifications ( ACCA/CPA)
• Being a member of ICPAR ( Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Rwanda)
• The financial criterion, the cost for audit service tax inclusive.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit a detailed technical and financial offer, 3 Professional references, Certificate of registration in RDB, and Certificate of registration in VAT at email@example.com , not later than November 11, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.