Regional Ethics Officer- Fraud
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Service (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding. CRS Central Africa Regional Office includes 10 Country Program offices (Benin-Togo, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, DR Congo-Congo-Brazzaville, Nigeria and Rwanda). .
Job Reference: Ref.2020/007
• Ensure key steps throughout the investigative process, including planning, fieldwork, reporting, follow up and case closure, are performed in line with supervisor’s guidance, CRS Fraud Allegation Management Procedures, CRS Policies, local laws, and donor regulations
• Develop or contribute to the development of investigation plans/Scope of Work (SoW) for investigations.
• Undertake investigations & reviews into allegations of violations of policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and applicable rules and regulations.
• Develop/modify test procedures and tools for investigations and special audits.
• Effectively document and prepare comprehensive reports and ad hoc briefs on assigned investigations and, based on analysis and findings, make recommendations for corrective actions and improved controls, and efficiency of CRS’ operations.
• Provide technical support to CPs and partner/sub-recipient (SR) teams, remotely and on-site, to enable fraud prevention and detection and response and assess the capacity of the country programs and partners to prevent, detect, respond to allegations and to take appropriate actions.
• Support the development and contribute to the implementation of standards and tools, including detection and response processes to fraud, guidelines, reporting formats and how to incorporate such standards into relevant CRS business practices.
• Support capacity strengthening activities for staff and partners through Identifying partner capacity/knowledge/skills gaps, conducting trainings and workshops, and mentoring and coaching CP and partner staff.
• Collect data, analyze and carry out research to flag systemic and operational weaknesses contributing to fraud, corruption and other malpractice and share lessons learned and best practices.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline required.
• Master’s degree preferred
• CIA, CFE or CPA or similar qualification required.
• Minimum of 7 or more years related work experience, ideally with an international organization.
• At least 3 of these years in audit, financial reviews, fund agent and/or investigations assignments.
• Knowledge of and experience working with USG, DFID, and other major public donors
• Knowledge of CRS’ accounting systems, policies & procedures (preferred).
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (SKAs)
• Strong relationship management skills with the ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings.
• Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• The capability of working proactively and independently
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Written applications indicating the reference number of the position applied for and CV including daytime contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references, should reach the below mentioned not later than Wednesday, February 12, 2020, at 5:00 pm. E-mail: Crskenyaemail@example.com Please, include the below statement in your motivation letter: “By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.