Regional Internal Auditor for Savings Group Programs
Jobs at:Hope International
Deadline of this Job:
30th July 2019
Date Posted: Monday, July 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The regional internal auditor for savings group programs is responsible and accountable for implementing the internal audit plan and timeline, and issues, in a timely and effective manner, the required internal audit reports. The work includes carrying out a comprehensive program that provides assurance designed to add value and improve the HOPE SG programs’ risk management, control, and governance processes in Africa (currently Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe). .
• Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International
• Work with the regional IA manager for saving group programs in evaluating and identifying risks and developing audit objectives, plans, and scope consistent with the department's charter, business objectives, the assessment of audit risk, HOPE savings group program needs, and the audit needs/priorities communicated
• Conduct audits according to audit plan and schedule
• Perform audit procedures including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures:
• Conduct interviews, review documents and prepare working papers
• Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed
• Review and evaluate the adequacy and application of financial and operating controls to ensure objectives are met and compliance with the policies, procedures and rules of regulatory authorities
Ensure the efficient and effective completion of the following items
• See that the approved audit programs are carried out
• Determine that work papers support the findings
• Ensure that reports are accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive, and timely
• Determine that objectives are met
• Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies of internal controls, duplication of efforts, extravagance, fraud, and non-compliance with country laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures
• Participate in the review and approval of the detailed audit programs tailored to each audit objective or department to assure that no specific tests or activities necessary for the audit are overlooked and to assist in preventing ineffective audit techniques from being performed. This review process is directed at specific accomplishment of defined audit objectives.
• Analyze and summarize findings from the detailed body of audit work to identify the highest key risk areas in a way that is useful to senior management
• Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Ensures the adequacy of audit scope, the adequacy of testing performed, and the accuracy of conclusions reached.
• Interface with personnel throughout the HOPE savings group programs, particularly those being audited, to resolve audit issues, achieve the desired improvement actions and maintain a harmonious working relationship while preserving integrity of audit reports
• Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships
• Perform related work as assigned by the regional internal audit manager for savings group programs
• Assist in fraud investigations as required and direct audit staff of HOPE savings group programs as needed.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
• Bachelor’s degree with a Business Administration or Accounting concentration. Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
• Three years of accounting, external audit, or internal audit experience; or an equivalent combination of audit and management positions in microfinance and/or financial services covering business analysis, operations, and finance
• Familiarity with ethics in general and the common indicators of fraud in particular
• Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills, and skill in presenting findings and recommendations
• Ability to travel, as needed, within the assigned region
• Fluency in English required; understanding of Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Chichewa or Nyanja will be an added advantage
• Professional certification including Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor or local certification will be an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Click on the link below to apply