Rwanda Finance Strategy Associate
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
11 October 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a motivated person with a love for numbers, an eye for detail, and a track record of strategic thinking to join our Financial Advisory Services team in Rwanda. You will lead the financial planning and analysis work for the Rwanda program.
You will work also on short-term projects across multiple functions to solve complex strategic and financial problems. You will take on full ownership of these projects, from planning, through to execution and follow-up, often directly with project partners. You will manage anywhere from 1-3 projects at any given time, and are expected to solve any type of project – from quantitative modelling to primary research.
• Manage the Finance workstream and partner with all departments for budget management and control
• Lead the annual budgeting cycle for the Rwanda program, thought-partnering with departments on cost efficiency measures
• Oversee analysis of financial performance, and guide continuous improvements and automation within the financial close process
• Support decision-making across the program by improving accessibility to data and analytics
• Manage strategic financial projects that improve Program SROI
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• Work Experience: 3+ years of relevant industry experience
• Technical skills: Experience in FP&A is preferred. Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions). Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA) is a plus.
• Humility: in everything One Acre Fund does, we put farmers first. We do this by approaching our work and individual professional growth with humility, efficiency, and compassion.
• A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years. Experience working in a developing market is a bonus, but is not required.
• Language: English; French/Kinyarwanda a bonus
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Kigali or Rubengera, Rwanda
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE 11 October 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.