Jobs at:Umwalimu SACCO
Deadline of this Job:
01 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UMWALIMU SACCO is looking for inspired innovators, dynamic self-driven, and highly creative personalities to collaborate with UMWALIMU SACCO in taking it to the next level of success. If you feel you have what it takes, we would like to hear from you.
• To assist in developing an appropriate External Communications strategy that addresses Organization’s positioning.
• Under the guidance of the Brand and Communication Manager, and working closely with other Departments, manage the implementation of the agreed External Communication plans and activities.
• Establish effective systems, procedures, and standards of performance.
• To guide, lead and manage the communications champions & other Umwalimu staff in such a manner that promotes motivation, efficiency, and a high degree of discipline in all activities.
• Establish and maintain a press office for the organization which will provide a database of media information to be used in the promotion of the organization’s aims and objectives
• Assist in the production of publications to promote the image of the organization.
• Respond to enquiries from the media to ensure that a positive image of the organization is promoted.
• Assist in drafting press releases to promote the aims and objectives of the organization.
• Working on websites and social media and assist in maintaining it to ensure that it remains up to date, informative, and interesting.
• Writing or producing presentations and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles, leaflets, journals and brochures, and annual reports for both external and internal distribution.
• Assist in organizing events to promote the image, aims, and objectives of the organization.
• Devising and coordinating photo opportunities
• Maintain a network of contacts internally and externally to ensure that positive information about the organization is obtained and promulgated.
• Provide advice and support on public relations issues to managers and staff to ensure that a positive image of the organization is promoted..
Skills & knowledge
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing;
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good IT skills
• Presentation skills;
• Creativity, imagination, and initiative;
• Sound rational judgments
• Exhibit strong problem solving and research skills;
• Awareness of different media agendas;
• Business awareness and a good knowledge of current affairs.
• Background in researching, writing, and editing publications
• Ability to priorities and plan effectively.
Education & experience
• Bachelor degree in marketing, public relations, journalism or communications and other media studies,
• Minimum of 1-year progressive experience in managing media relations (online, broadcast, and print) or in the same position in a Financial institution or any other busy marketing function.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.