Senior Compliance Officer
Jobs at:Unguka Bank PLC
Deadline of this Job:
23 January 2020
Date Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Unguka Bank PLC is one of the banks licensed by the National Bank of Rwanda, the country's banking regulator. At Unguka Bank, we offer a diverse range of job opportunities. Our commitment to recruiting and retaining the very best talent extends to every part of the organisation. We recognise that skill and experience come in many forms and we actively seek interest and applications from all industries and the wider community. .
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Management, Accounts, finance or relevant professional qualifications is required
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a multi-disciplinary environment is required;
• Good understanding of banking regulations, practices, and procedures;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Good problem solving and analytical skills;
• Good planning and organizing skills;
• Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• In-depth knowledge of applicable legislation, regulations, and frameworks;
• Knowledge of governance best practices;
• Enterprise risk management concepts and frameworks;
• Knowledge of research methodologies and practices;
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations governing banks
• Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures
• Assess company operations to determine compliance risk
• Advise management and the board on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations and other compliance risks through detailed reports.
• Educate employees on not only the regulations, policies, and procedures but also the impact on the bank if these are not complied with
• Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance
• Ensure AML and KYC policies are in place and the bank adhered on
• Ensure timely, efficient reporting of suspicious transactions
• Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor internal controls
• Ensure preparing of policies and procedures and updating, revising to reflect current practices where necessary
• Prepare and provide awareness training on controls, policies, procedures and AML/TF
• Monitor new legal and regulatory developments and update policies and procedures accordingly.
• Interact with various departments within the organization to ensure consistency in policies and procedures.
• Respond to regulatory inquiries and third party examiners.
• Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send to firstname.lastname@example.org an application letter, detailed updated Curriculum Vitae, photocopy of academic degree and Full addresses of three referees including preferably one of previous/current supervisors not later than January 23rd, 2020 at 4: 00 pm Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to pass the selection test.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.