Senior Decentralized Coordinator
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Save the Children is seeking a Senior Decentralized Coordinator for the Rwanda Schools and Systems Activity funded by USAID. The Sr. Decentralized Coordinator will be based in a host field office and responsible for three districts. The Sr. Decentralized Coordinator will also manage the Decentralized Coordinators. Responsibilities include supporting district and sector level staff to implement teacher capacity development and training, high-quality monitoring and assessment of the classroom environment, social and emotional learning, and other approaches to create safe schools and support government representatives at different levels to use of data for decision making.
Schools and Systems Activity will strengthen the education system to enable all pre-primary and lower primary school and classroom environments to be of high quality, inclusive, and focused on learning of foundational reading skills. Specifically, the five-year activity will improve learning outcomes by focusing on increasing Kinyarwanda literacy skills of boys and girls through primary 3 (P3) through four intermediate results: (1) Pre-primary education system enhanced to develop, promote and improve emergent literacy, (2) Lower primary reading classroom instruction improved, (3) School environments improved for increased lower primary reading outcomes, and (4) Education systems management strengthened for improved literacy outcomes. The Schools and Systems Activity include a focus on learning for children with disabilities to ensure project approaches reach all children.
Qualifications and experience
• A higher education degree in education or related field
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in education or related area
• Skilled manager with experience coordinating staff remotely
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda
• Strong planning, coordination, presenting, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
• Familiarity with MINEDUC/REB, MINALOC, and knowledge of the Rwandan education sector
• Compliance with and promotion of all Save the Children global policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle Blowing, Fraud, and Health and Safety
• Able to travel for work regularly and willing to being based outside Kigali
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.