Senior Financial Specialist/RUEAP
Jobs at:Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)
Deadline of this Job:
07 September 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Management of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) would like to inform the public that it is recruiting qualified and experienced staff on the following positions:
Senior Financial Specialist/RUEAP
• Develop and maintain a strategic Financial Plan for the roll out program, ensuring compliance with established Processes & Systems to ensure financial accountability to Funders and Stakeholders. Establish and formalize financial management and control procedures
• Establish and maintain effective financial controls including monitoring of expenditures of the program budget lines and performing analysis of financial variances
• Monitor financial matters of contractors
• Participate in the preparation of work plans and budget
• Prepare financial and other reports as required by the program legal agreements or as may be requested by Management
• Lead and build an effective finance team
• Ensuring the establishment of effective financial systems and procedures.
• Ensure accuracy of all General Ledger accounts: sign-off and report on all bank reconciliations;
• Maintain appropriate functional knowledge to guide and support operations
• Provide appropriate policy guidance on all financial matters
• Review and maintain an effective Internal Control Framework
• Arrange and assist with any audit or financial review as called for by stakeholders
• Ensure Procedural compliance with Funders requirements and guidelines, arrange and assist with any audit review as called for by the Government of Rwanda and Partners,
• Implementation of recommendations of audit missions Prepare withdrawal applications and appropriate documentation in compliance with stakeholders' requirements and guidelines
• Verify the eligibility and conformity of expenditures
• Assist the RUEAP Program Manager to implement and oversee contracts with implementing consultants, suppliers and other contractors
• Undertake other official duties assigned by the RUEAP Program Manager.
Qualifications and experience:
• Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA or CPA) etc.
• Minimum experience of 6 years in finance or accounting with at least 4 years in development projects
• financed by multilateral or bilateral donors. An experience in Rwanda will be an added advantage.
• Possession of a relevant master's degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting Economics, Business Administration or related field from a recognized University will be and added advantage.
• The candidate shall be computer literate and shall have skills in the use of accounting and financial software
• Managing performance
• Technological awareness
• Communication and Teamwork
• Time management
• Complex problem solving
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Duly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work certificates and names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card should be submitted by email to email@example.com not later than Tuesday 07/09/2021 latest 5:00 PM
1. Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience work certificates attached to your job applications to support the relevant experience indicated in the applicant's CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST for pre-selection.
2. Your job application and its attachments MUST be scanned as ONE single pdf document for easy download & analysis of applications.
3. ONLY online applications will be received on the mentioned above email. No hardcopy applications will be received.
4. REG is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our company Gender Mainstreaming policy and program, we seek to increase the number of women in all levels of the organization. Therefore, we strongly encourage female candidates to apply. Special consideration will be given to qualified female candidates.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.