Senior Research Associate
Jobs at:Laterite Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
27 October 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Education, public health, agriculture, urbanization & migration, and youth & labor. We are also involved in projects with a focus on gender issues. We believe that impact is a long-term endeavor that requires being embedded in the local context. Delivering high-quality research requires building local teams and data collection systems, understanding the context, establishing close working relationships with key players, and understanding their constraints and motivations.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
• Laterite was founded in Rwanda in 2010, and Kigali is our oldest and largest office, both in terms of team size and volume of work.
• The team in Rwanda comprises researchers, data collection experts, data quality specialists, and a finance and admin team.
• Our project portfolio is varied and ranges from data collection (including mixed-methods studies with observational assessments or anthropometric measurement modules) to long-term learning partnerships.
• The team works across all our key sectors with the majority of projects in education, public health, and early childhood development topics.
• Within this context, the Senior Research Associate in Rwanda will:
• Lead a portfolio of impactful research projects, from design to data collection, analysis and follow-through.
• Lead research teams to ensure we deliver value for our clients, using rigorous and innovative research methods.
• Build successful partnerships with clients and stakeholders and establish Laterite as a trusted partner.
• Mentor our growing research and data teams.
• Contribute to country-level strategic decisions such as which projects to pursue, team development, and how to increase the impact of our research.
• Support business development and recruitment processes.
• As part of Laterite's management team, you will have a voice in project selection, corporate strategy, process improvements, and structuring Laterite’s research agenda. You will serve as a role model for the team, actively promoting our organizational culture, and helping us to grow and achieve our mission as an organization.
• Laterite is expanding rapidly, and we are open to the possibility of hiring exceptional candidates at a higher grade.
• We are looking for an accomplished researcher who combines excellent technical skills with experience in project and team management.
• A postgraduate degree (master’s or above) in Economics, International Development, one of Laterite’s core sectors, or related field with a strong component of quantitative data analysis
• Motivation to work in social and economic research in Rwanda
• At least 5 years of work experience in international development, public policy, economic and social research, or management consulting
• Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring research teams
• Demonstrated experience in managing complex research projects, involving data collection and field teams
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Proficiency in STATA is required. Knowledge of R and/or Python is a plus.
• Additionally, we are looking for:
• Solid project management skills to oversee a portfolio of projects at different stages in the research lifecycle
• An excellent networker with experience in building relationships with clients and stakeholders from the public and private sectors
• A self-motivated team leader with excellent interpersonal skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment where timelines can be unpredictable
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please upload your CV and a personal statement describing your motivation to apply and your experience with managing research teams working on development research projects via our online application form: https://form.jotform.com/212693780351559
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.