Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
20 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The work of the Systems Advisor will require close collaboration with the Government of Rwanda, Save the Children, Florida State University and other implementing partners, and key stakeholders.
• Works closely with the Technical Advisor and participates in discussions with government stakeholders to improve systems for literacy data collection and use.
• Responsible to assure planning, timelines, and scheduling workflow for Result areas 4, in coordination with Save the Children and Florida State University
• Supports Technical Advisor in design and content development for improving data systems and data use
• Provides direct support to government stakeholders to continuously improve the quality of literacy data collection and visualization, and management of data collection systems for literacy-related data (which may include a variety of data, such as student literacy outcomes, teacher training, dashboard generation and visualization)
• Liaises with FHI 360 Technical experts for input and review and incorporates feedback
• Writes and oversees quality and timeliness of professional development activities and facilitates professional development sessions at national and sub-national levels
• Plans and carries out stakeholder discussions, training and collaborative work with the government at central and decentralized levels to improve the quality of and use of literacy related data for decision-making, and decentralized resource management related to improving literacy results
• Coordinates with sub-awardees to assure alignment, quality and integration of activities within Result Areas 4, including for carrying out a research agenda and other initiatives to synthesize and apply literacy evidence.
• Assures initiatives at system support incorporate Schools and Systems efforts focused on improving literacy and the school environment (including school safety, SEL, UDL, gender and disability-inclusion)
• Review’s effectiveness of Result Area 4 and makes recommendations for improvement
• Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support
• A minimum of a master’s degree is required in one of the following fields, or closely related field: pre-primary or primary education, education policy, education leadership
• Familiarity with and experience applying Rwanda education strategy, policies and roles and responsibilities of central and decentralized entities involved in pre-primary and primary
• Experience with data-informed, decentralized resource management for education
• At least seven years of demonstrated technical experience in Rwanda working on lower primary education issues
• At least three years of demonstrated excellence in a management position, preferably including direct supervision of professional and support staff, and quality assurance of deliverables
• Demonstrated technical expertise with literacy teaching and learning, and literacy assessment
• Experience and expertise in design of professional development/training and capacity building for large-scale education programs required
• Ability to organize and conduct trainings and technical workshops related to literacy.
• Experience working in or consulting with key government entities, such as REB and NESA
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda required
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Rwanda-Any/Systems-Advisor--IR-4-Lead_Requisition-2021201706
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.