10 Investment Officers
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
In order to achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes;
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitably qualified staff .
• Identify and initiate proposals for new facilities or facility modifications in line with the assigned sector(s) of the banks’ portfolio in order to grow a healthy portfolio. The investment officer is responsible for the quality of recommended credit applications and is the first line in managing his/her credit portfolio risk.
• Undertake the pre-appraisal analysis for credit proposals and carry out onsite visits of projects at the pre-appraisal stage to assess the project viability.
• Organize deal forum meetings with credit risk and legal departments to discuss credit proposals and seek their technical inputs;
• Collect the required project data and information to enable a detailed appraisal. The investment officer will provide advice and guidance to potential clients on their business proposals to mitigate risks;
• Proactively identify and analyses and submit to the sector manager the loans restructuring proposals to be presented to the bank’s approvals authorities, with the support of portfolio monitoring and Credit documentation officers;
• Undertake detailed appraisal for approved proposals and facility restructuring proposals and present them to the banks’ approval authority;
• Collect M&E data while assessing projects that will facilitate the social-economic impact assessment to be reported to stakeholders (during appraisal);
• Liaise with credit documentation and legal department for loan documentation (term sheet, notification, facility agreement, etc.) drafting and distribute it to the promoters for their signature;
• The investment officer will fast track the first and subsequent disbursements;
• Follow up the loan collections and ensure timely loans servicing to avoid loan book deterioration;
• Issue loans repayment reminder and notice letters to clients as per the credit policies and procedures;
• Visit each customer/project in his portfolio with a monitoring officer at least once a year;
• Pro-actively and timeously identify potential problems on credit files and formulate appropriate risk mitigating strategies.
• With the support of monitoring and credit documentation officers, the investment officer shall prepare and present the restructuring proposal to the approving authority.
• Ensure at all times adherence to the Bank’s turnaround time standards for processing credit applications, to all the Bank Policies and Procedures the Credit Policy, the internal code of conduct, the latest market best practices, and all banking laws and regulations applicable.
• The investment officer will handle his/her client inquiries throughout the loans’ lifespan (from initiation to the settlement of the loan account);
• Carry on any other assignment delegated by the line managers.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Business Administration or related field
• A minimum of 3 (three) years in a similar position
• Experience with due diligence and analysis of investment opportunities
• Experience building and/or managing investment portfolio monitoring systems.
• Familiarity with legal documentation common to debt and equity transactions.
• Demonstrated flexibility and success in rapidly changing environments.
• Demonstrated ability to design, launch, and scale new projects and initiatives Financial and management reporting skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to work with deadlines and schedules, and strong follow-through capacity.
• Negotiation skills.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://www.brd.rw/brd/careers/job_application.php
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.