Jobs at:Ministry of Public Investments and Privatization
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 02, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accountant carries the following roles and responsibilities:
• Receive, record and file all invoices and requests for payment within agreed timelines
• Implement risk management strategies, by protecting accounting records from unauthorized access and inadvertent loss of information.
• Compile necessary requisitions and supporting documents for all payment orders (OP) to be submitted (through IFMIS) to the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning to facilitate funds disbursement processes.
• Prepare annual budget and Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF).
• Prepare and monitor the Ministry’s Quarterly and Annual Cash Flow Forecasting and Management
• Prepare Monthly bank reconciliation statements for all accounts held in Banks by the Ministry.
• Produce relevant periodically budget execution reports with explanations on variances.
• Prepare periodic analysis comparing budget versus actual expenditures and performs detailed variance analysis with proper supporting documentation.
• Declare and file statutory taxes/deductions on regular basis in consultation to Human Resources.
• Prepare monthly, Quarterly and annual financial reports.
• Put in place proper filing systems.
• Ensure achievement of unqualified audit report (clean audit).
• Any other work related responsibility as assigned by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance/ Economics/ Management with at least foundation level one of CPA/CIA/CPFA/CPFM, Accounting /Finance/ Economics/ Management with at least foundation level one of ACCA (Applied Knowledge of ACCA), Accounting /Finance/ Economics/ Management with Stage two of CAT/ API Certificate
Competency and Key Technical Skills
• Proficiency in financial management systems
• Knowledge of accounting; Financial reporting and Auditing standards (Such as IPSAS; IFRS; ISSAs
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an advantage
• Analytical skills;
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.