2 Finance Assistant
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Deadline of this Job:
10 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Assistant (2 Positions)
Duty Station : IOM Kigali, Rwanda
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G5 (UN salary Scale for GS staff)
Type of Appointment : One Year fixed term, Twelve (12) months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 18th October 2022
Reference Code : VN2022/19 - RW
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Head of Resource Management Officer and, the successful candidate will be responsible;
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Assist in managing financial resources by monitoring and controlling assets, reserves, funds, supplies, etc. in accordance with IOM rules and regulations;
• Assist in preparing annual budget submission and revisions including estimating staff cost as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget;
• Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems;
• Assist providing guidance in accounting, budget and financial related issues;
• Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results;
• Reviews all types of payments starting from purchases to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized and all the supporting documents are attached therewith;
• Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM;
• Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered;
• Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports and other reports as required;
• Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.;
• Ensure proper and systematic completion of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards;
• Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office;
• Review all financial reports of Implementing partners and advice the Program Manager in case of any challenge;
• Provide training and continuous support to Implementing partner in order to ensure that financial reporting is aligned with IOM procedures;
• Perform other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• High School diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with five years of relevant experience; or,
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
• Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
• Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
• Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
• Good administrative skills and knowledge.
• Knowledge and prior experience in finance and accounting is required.
• Proficiency in computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Packages (Office, excel, Power point, outlook) internet and E-mail and experience in working with databases and online applications.
• Prior experience in usage of SAP an added advantage.
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
• Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required (oral and written).
• Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
• Delivering results: Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
• Accountability: Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
• Communication: Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This application is open to all Rwandese citizen and any other foreign national as long as such an applicant has a right of residence and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application (IOM will not be responsible in securing such Visas or authorisations from the Government of Rwanda, any applicant of foreign nationality must provide authentic certification from Government of Rwanda in regard to right of residency and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th October 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names
IOM Rwanda will only accept applications along with updated CV (Nationality, Education, Experience including responsibilities) and an application letter (not more than one page).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 05th October 2022 to 18th October 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.