2 Financial Auditor - Civil Engineer
Jobs at:Office of The Auditor General of State Finances
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, August 17 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 16 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
a) Job Summary
The Auditor is responsible for the completion of the allocated work within the budgeted time according to the required OAG quality standards - OAG audit manual & other applicable guidelines, support the team leader to plan team tasks effectively and monitor progress of assignments against the agreed deadlines and at the same time to allow them the opportunity of possible job succession when higher position is available.
b) Job responsibilities
• Understand operations of audited government agencies, programs, or activities.
• Develop and carry out audit tests and procedures.
• Gather and analyse basic data on the functions, operations, and performance of government agencies, programs, or activities.
• Interview agency staff in data gathering and analysis.
• Develop audit findings.
• Assist in writing audit reports.
• Perform additional audit-related duties as delegated.
c) Job requirements
• Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Civil Engineering (Upper second class degree or above)
• At least two (2) years of proven working experience in relevant field;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Not more than 35 years of age.
• Having a Master's degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
• Being Rwandan citizen
d) The Candidate should have the ability to:
• Review and analyse policy instruments and implementation reports, detect deficiencies and make appropriate recommendations.
• Perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Conduct interviews with audited entity's staff.
• Gain and maintain the confidence and cooperation of those contacted during the audit.
• Maintain objectivity and independence.
• Analyse, organise, and synthesise a variety of information into logical recommendations.
• Effectively present ideas and recommendations both orally and in writing.
• Write clear, concise, and well-organised narrative reports.
• Prepare audit working papers that substantiate audit findings.
• Work with audited entity's staff in gathering data, explaining findings and recommendations.
• Work effectively in a structured setting as a member of a team.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters in English language to the Office of the Auditor General of State Finances along with an updated CV, the relevant academic degree, work certificate and a copy of National Identity Card, on https://recruitment.oag.gov.rw/ not later than 17th of August 2023 at 5:00 P.m.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.