2 Legal Counsel-Project Finance
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Date Posted: Monday, May 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
2 Legal Counsel-Project Finance
Department: Company Secretary and General Counsel
Reports to: Manager, Legal Services
Direct Report: N/A Indirect Reports: N/A
Contract Terms – Open Ended
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the job is to support the office of the General Counsel in the preparation of loan documentation, security contracts, and provision of general legal advisory services to the Bank.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
Duties and responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
• Preparation of a variety of legal documentation including transaction documentation designed to protect the interests of the Bank as a lender, borrower, co-lender, service user, or various suppliers.
• Negotiation of legal documents with the Bank’s legal counterparties and under the guidance of Management and in line with guiding documents and principles of the project and BRD Policies.
• Providing legal advice to Management and Staff in all areas relating to the Project activities and advising on solutions to legal problems, constraints, risks, options, consequences, and approaches.
• Reviewing legal documentation prepared for the Bank or arising from the work of the Bank on the Project.
• Providing an advisory opinion on the project implementation.
• Representing the Bank internally and externally in negotiation, disputes, consultations, and other proceedings that require legal representation.
• Participation in legal aspects of the Project and its lending operations including loan administration.
• Conducting proper and timely legal due diligence on all projects to be financed by BRD and submitting the Legal Due Diligence report.
• Research and prepare statistical data on legal matters, laws, and regulations, and propose changes or updates to the policies and procedures of the Bank.
• Working relationships
• All departments
Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• At least a bachelor’s degree in Law. A Master’s degree in Law and ILPD diploma will be an advantage.
• A minimum of three (3) years of general experience in the banking sector.
• Core competencies
• Understanding of relevant laws and regulations in relation to Banking
• Experience in the provision of administrative support
• Understanding of Statutory requirements
• Excellent communication skills (writing skills)
• Experience in project finance
• Experience in contract management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): email@example.com
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: Tuesday 31st May 2022
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.