2 Recovery Officer
Deadline of this Job:
10 September 2022
Date Posted: Friday, August 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
2 Recovery Officer
VisionFund Rwanda (VFR) is one of the largest deposit-taking Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) in Rwanda with a mission to provide financial and non-financial services to underprivileged rural communities. VFR is a subsidiary of VisionFund International and began in 1997 as a World Vision microfinance program, and in 2004 became a Central Bank regulated MFI in Rwanda.
We provide microfinance products to empower the clients we serve, primarily vulnerable women with children and youth in rural areas. Our products provide financial services to strengthen Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLAs) and groups. Our average loan size is US $235. Strategically, we are one of the biggest partners with World Vision Rwanda and Care International in Rwanda.
Our savings products include educational savings accounts for children and we are developing financial products targeting youth. VisionFund Rwanda’s eight branches serve the entire country. Ninety percent of our field officers' work is spent in rural areas meeting potential clients and groups. The introduction of digital solutions allows our loan officers to provide better access to financial services for our most remote clients.
‘’Make a difference to thousands in the land of a thousand hills’’
VisionFund Rwanda (VFR), is Rwanda’s largest microfinance Institution committed to the development of Rwanda through providing affordable financial services (savings and loans) to the less privileged throughout its 4zones in Rwanda. VFR is the institution where you can develop your expertise working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused high performance environment. If you are looking for interesting but challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, then VFR has the will to make it so. VFR needs to recruit experienced and qualified staff on following positions:
2 Recovery officers
Reporting to :1 to Head of recovery and compliance and 1 to Kigali blanch manager
Work location:1 at Head Office/Kacyiru and 1at Kigali Branch/Muhima
To recover the maximum amount of non-performing loans while safeguarding VFR’s reputation in the market.
• Monitor the quality of the credit portfolio.
• Communicate with Loan officer and client on non-performance of loans and carry out required recovery action.
• Determine and enforce required recovery action for defaulted loans above 30 days in arrears.
• Communicate and coordinate activities required from external parties (such as legal services, Receiver and bailiff, local leaders etc.).
• Work with Legal department and external parties for recovery of defaulted loans.
• Provide the Risk Department at Head Office with relevant input for policies and procedures. (in coordination with the Branch manager).
• Review credit assessments as part of Branch Credit Committee.
• As part of Branch Delinquency Committee, present recovery actions taken on defaulters and propose new strategies to recover arrears.
• Train loan officers on identification of high risk clients.
• Draw recovery related reports for internal or external use.
• Comply with applicable BNR and other regulatory requirements.
• Perform other tasks reasonably required by the supervisors within the framework of this job description.
Qualification, experience, skills and knowledge
Education: Degree in accounting, Finance or related field, preferably with knowledge of applicable laws
Experience: 2-5 Years in related field..
Skills and knowledge:
• Have an established track record in lending and recovery.
• Be able to represent VFR under strong pressure from the client.
• Ability to thoroughly analyse financial information.
• Be independent from the client.
• Understand legal framework for recovery of loans.
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the client.
• Be a good communicator and have the ability to deal with conflict.
VisionFund Rwanda is willing to offer you a competitive salary, challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, develop your expertise by working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused and high performing environment.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
hould you wish to apply for this position, please go https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com /enUS/WorldVisionInternational/jobs/details/Recovery-Officer_R10353 . All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will not be considered.
If the aforementioned positions speak to you, carefully complete the pre-screen questionnaire and attach your Application letter together with detailed and updated CV via above mentioned Link by or before 5th September, 2022.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on: email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By sending in your application, you consent to VFR running a background check on.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.