3 Junior Loan Officer
Jobs at:AEC Rwanda Trustee Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AEC Rwanda Trustee Ltd provides low-cost capital leases and project finance to Camp Refugees and host community entrepreneurs and SMEs in Rwanda. With backing from US-based investors, we provide up to $50,000 in financing with flexible loan terms to qualified borrowers. The Loan fund is exclusively open to INKOMOKO clients. Inkomoko Business Development provides clients with a range of business support services, which decreases our investment risk. This partnership model allows AEC Rwanda Trustee to make decisions based on a range of indicators, including financial information, potential for social impact, and character of the entrepreneur. Currently, we are hiring one position in Mahama, Kigeme, and Nyabiheke. .
Due Diligence And Documents Preparation (70%)
• Respond to inquiries from prospective borrowers; support them to apply for our loan products.
• Introduce the loan products to entrepreneurs, explaining the requirements for repayment and the seriousness of taking on debt financing.
• Train saving g group on financial literacy and investments redness
• Form new ideas stage and starts up into groups and recommend them to loan officers for diligence
• Conduct due diligence on prospective borrowers, including site visits, document preparation, coordination with the Business Development Associate, etc.
• Communicate all materials to the Senior Loan Officer, and assist in preparing credit reports for Investment Committee meetings.
• Take photos of entrepreneurs, have them sign photo waivers.
Portfolio Management (30%)
• Offer excellent customer service through daily conversations, correspondence, and site visits as needed to maintain strong positive relationships with borrowers.
• Work with Inkomoko to ensure borrower success, and Visit clients for monitoring.
• Track information about borrowers and communicate effectively with key stakeholders about client status.
• Coordinate with a loan officer in the recovery of loans in arrears
• Actively participate as key staff in the monthly Portfolio Review Meeting.
• Maintain a tracking system of borrower payments and contact information.
• Interact with government leaders, court systems and others for follow up on lack of payments.
• Ensure that we are adhering to the requirements of Central bank and our Kiva partnership, including reporting and journaling.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A loan officer will be a trusted partner of AEC Trustee clients and basic qualifications
• A university degree in Finance or other related fields
• Must speak fluent English, French, and Kinyarwanda.
• Experience in group savings and lending is strongly preferred
• Experience in group lending products developments
• Experience in micro-finance is STRONGLY preferred.
• Experience providing business advice to entrepreneurs
• Prior experience dealing with customers/debt collection
• Decisive individuals with the ability to deliver unpleasant messages to the debtors and assertive enough to get the debtors to pay off the entire debt
• Comfort with the civil court system and previous experience in litigation preferred
• Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills.
• 1+ years of work experience in a relevant or applicable field.
• Must be able to legally work in Rwanda.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.