4 Health Communication Coordinators
Jobs at:World Relief
Deadline of this Job:
14 April 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
4 Health Communication Coordinators
To facilitate the implementation of its activities in Ngoma, Nyamasheke, Musanze, and Karongi Districts, World Relief Rwanda wishes to recruit four qualified and well-experienced candidates to fill the position of Health Communication Coordinator in each of the above-mentioned districts. The job description and other requirements for this position are as follows:
Position title: Health Communication Coordinators
Job title of supervisor: Project Manager (SCOPE COVID-19).
Locations: Ngoma, Nyamasheke, Musanze and Karongi
Start date: Immediately
Length of opportunity: 12 months
Hours per week: Full Time – 40 Hrs.
Number of positions open: 4
World Relief is implementing a USAID funded SCOPE COVID-19 project and is seeking to provide COVID-19 prevention and preparedness activities at the community level. The project will inform, engage and empower the public through timely and consistent provision of key messages on COVID-19 as well as disseminating SBCC messages around COVID vaccines at the community and faith institution level. The project is funded for 12 months. World Relief, therefore invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position.
World Relief is an International Christian NGO working in Health, Economic Development, Disaster response, and Refugee resettlement. World Relief’s mission is empowering local churches to serve the most vulnerable. .
• The position holder will provide effective coordination of all concerned stakeholders and Risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) task forces at the district level around COVID-19 prevention and preparedness activities within the assigned district.
• He/she will be responsible for the implementation of risk communication and community engagement, and infection prevention and control of COVID-19 activities.
Specific job duties:
• Establish and support district-level RCCE task forces (that include government, partners, national faith networks, and other stakeholders) in planning and coordination of responses on COVID-19 RCCE activities.
• Support capacity building of local faith leaders around COVID-19 prevention and control efforts
• Organize trainings and capacitate all concerned community volunteers to help with community sensitization, and conduct home visits with provided COVID-19 prevention and control messages within the district.
• Conduct regular awareness and community outreach campaigns to control and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
• Work with all concerned institutions, media houses, and social media platforms to eliminate misinformation and rumors around COVID-19 and Vaccines.
• Improve the health of the population through promoting safe hygiene practices and ensuring community involvement ownership in the delivery of essential primary health services.
• Provide and timely disseminate adapted RCCE messages to targeted beneficiaries.
• Map community led RCCE (risk communication and community engagement) activities for complementarity and consistency.
• Liaise with the monitoring and evaluation team in conducting assessments to inform the response.
• Collaborate with the community health workers and local leaders to collect feedback, rumors, and misinformation on COVID-19 and use the information gathered to adapt communication and community engagement activities.
• Compile and share ideas and methods on how to engage communities in a two-way communication mechanism.
• Carry out other activities assigned by and mutually agreed on with your supervisor.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Communications, Social Sciences, or an equivalent related degree.
• Ability to maintain performance expectations in conditions with limited resources.
• Ability to work with different faith leaders in the community.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are vital.
• Strong capacity-building and facilitation skills.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, and to deal with problems/issues promptly and efficiently.
• Excellent written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
• 2 years’ experience in the implementation of community-based programs, preferably in outbreak related-interventions during emergencies.
• Experience working with community leaders at all levels.
• Willingness to live in the assigned district to follow up on project activities implemented within all sectors of the district.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit a motivation letter indicating your district of preference addressed to the Country Director of World Relief Rwanda, a copy of your notified degree, comprehensive curriculum vitae with 2 names of referees, a copy of your national identity card, and a church recommendation from your Pastor or Priest by the 14th of April 2021 at 4:00 p.m. to World Relief Rwanda Office, plot 53, KG 647 St, Kacyiru, Kigali.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.