Jobs at:Ministry Of Trade and Industry
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY .
• Responsible to the Financial Management Specialist
• Performs complex accounting activities
• Ensures that accounting records are prepared in accordance with existing legislation and manuals
• Ensures that all required accounting source documents accompany all transactions
• Ensure accounting accuracy and soundness of all asset and liability data
• Prepare records that facilitate analysis
• Make a record of financial transactions into MIS
• Prepare monthly Bank reconciliation to his/her superior
• Prepare vouchers and the proper filing of accounting documents
• Manage petty cash reports
• Prepare monthly reports and make sure that one copy is submitted to MINECOFIN on time and other copy is filled properly;
• Prepare payments based on adequate supporting document;
• Give periodic reports and report on time;
• Verify codes in conformity with the Chart of Accounts
• Perform any other duties assigned by management.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Must have a bachelors’ degree in Accounting or in Finance.
• At least 4 years in managing finances of Public Sector projects with proven experience in managing finances and procedures of donor funded projects
• Be computer literate and fluent in either English or French. A working knowledge of the other is an advantage
• Knowledge of different packages of accounting software such as sage pastel, tomporo and IFMIS
• Knowledge of disbursement procedures of international organizations and preparation of SOEs, withdrawal applications and replenishment of funds
• Knowledge of preparation of final accounts
• Fluency in French or English with a working knowledge of the other would be an advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.