AFIRR – Credit Risk Officer
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
01 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AFIRR – Credit Risk Officer
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Job Title: AFIRR – Credit Risk Officer Job Grade: JG6
Duo Reports to: Functionally to Manager - Credit Risk Administratively to AFIRR Project Coordinator
Direct Reports: N/A Indirect Reports: N/A
Contract terms: Open ended
Purpose of the Job:
Under the direct supervision of the Credit Risk Manager, the Credit Risk Officer will be part of the credit risk management team and is responsible for identifying, assessing, measuring, and monitoring credit risks for projects submitted for risk assessment and ensuring appropriate risk controls and responses are developed, in relation to the AFIRR project. Main Responsibilities of the Job:
Duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
• To advise the Management on the decision of financing, based on the risks identified and rating of the project.
• To propose a risk-adjusted pricing for credits to be approved based on risks identified and rating of the project.
• Perform qualitative data analysis using analytical techniques, tools, models, simulation, etc.
• Interpret results of analysis, present recommendations, alternatives, and implications.
• Prepare/collaborate on presentations, reports and capture key credit risk elements for trend analysis as a loss control measure.
• Gather, analyze, and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data of business processes to determine and promote data driven business decisions.
• Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis of data with the ability to demonstrate significant changes.
• Evaluate loan performance data for loan underwriting recommendations purposes.
• Assist in the identification, development, and evolution of KPIs.
• Familiarity with factors driving performance of the industry.
• Review reports and performance trends monthly with the loan recovery team.
• Utilize performance measurement and indicators to identify areas for improvement; develop process improvement plans for each performance indicator or area identified.
• Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities across multiple projects/initiatives.
• Follow up the implementation of Credit Committee recommendations before the final approval of the projects examined.
• Utilize mathematical and statistical knowledge to assist with the building of credit risk rating.
• Assist in the development of documents related to risk management such as policies, procedures.
• Number of Key project site visits as allocated
• Number of in key deal forum discussions participated in as allocated by the supervisor
• Number of risk assessment reports done for the projects
• Submission of daily, weekly, and monthly credit risk assessment reports to the immediate supervisor
• Collect information relating to restructured projects allocated and submit for analysis on monthly basis
• Submitted proposals on suitable tools identified and suitable for credit risk improvement
• Turnaround time work sheet for credit risk projects handled by the credit risk unit.
• Participation in the monthly knowledge sharing sessions, through research papers related to the business activities
• All departments
• All stakeholders of BRD"> Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Banking, statistics, Mathematics. Actuarial Science or related discipline.
• At least 3 years’ experience in banking or financial services organization in a similar role
• A Professional qualification in risk management is a competitive advantage.
• An understanding of project management is an added advantage
Competencies shall include but not limited to:
• Working knowledge and experience in risk management
• Working knowledge of banking laws and regulation in Rwanda
• High level of accuracy in the evaluating financial records and documents.
• Strong understanding of Credit risk analysis and policies
• Knowledge of credit risk management and measurement practices
• Solid understanding of the credit appraisal process and project finance
• Must possess effective research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, use of analytical tools and financial modeling
• Extensive analytical skills as well as problem identification and solving skills
• Good judgement and mental agility, Critical thinking. Results orientated, Attention to detail,
• High level of integrity and Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital, and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: 6th August 2022
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 21st July 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.