AFIRR Project Coordinator
Jobs at:The Development Bank of Rwanda(BRD)
Deadline of this Job:
27 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Client Name: The Development Bank of Rwanda(BRD)
Industry: Financial Services
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial reorganization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for day-to-day management and implementation of the Access to Finance for Recovery and Resilience Project (AFIRR) including financial management; procurement management; environmental and social risk management, institutional administration, coordination, and day-to-day execution of Project activities, monitoring and evaluation; reporting; information and communication of Project activities.
Oversee the project compliance and adherence to the Project Implementation Manual (PIM) provisions and World Bank fiduciary and safeguards requirements.
Ensure the successful implementation and achievement of the Project Development Objective and outcomes.
Actively coordinate and collaborate with other project implementing agencies (Business Development Fund, Ministry of Finance, etc.) and ensure effective coordination of initiatives and build partnerships with relevant stakeholders within the Government as well as with other partners.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
• Coordinating activities under the project related to financial management; procurement management, monitoring and evaluation; environmental and social risk management; reporting; information and communication of project activities.
• Participate in formulation of new projects’ proposals by working closely with the business team implementing the project and external Partners to ensure the projects structuring are aligned with project development objective.
• Coordinate the management of the project resources and information in compliance with the project guiding documents.
• Coordinate the preparation of action plans, budgets and other relevant documents so as to ensure harmonization of activities across the project guiding documents, agreed schedules, timelines and budgets.
• Interact on a regular basis with stakeholders on project activities and issues with a view of improving the project performance and achieving project intended results.
• Ensure that project resources are used most efficiently to succeed in achieving project goals.
• Solicit for regular reports on financial management of the project, procurement, M&E. aspects and Environmental & Social safeguards performance of the financed PFI’s and other borrowers.
• Ensure timely submission of reports to the World Bank and Other Partners in the required format as per Project Guiding Documents.
• Follow up on the implementation of the technical assistance projects and business advisory services embedded in the project.
• Supervise the preparation of regular reports on the implementation of the project and submit to the SPIU Coordinator weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports on the project implementation, including financial and activity reports.
• Ensure timely collection of the required data and analyses for the development, regular update, and implementation of the Fund’s action plan.
• Ensure regular monitoring of the PFIs and other sub-developers under the project in a timely manner to attend issues which could negatively affect their performance.
• Closely monitor and regularly report on the achievements of results in the results framework for the project.
• Preparing the project budget and procurement plan and ensuring that the budget and procurement plan are adhered to during the implementation of the Project.
• Oversee the lending process and ensure that only viable projects/clients are approved for financing.
• Provide advice and guidance to the PFIs business proposals and intentions related to the project.
• Ensure that project activity and financial reports are accurate, timely and fulfil required formats.
• Build and maintain relationship with all stakeholders benefiting from the Project including sub borrowers, PFI’s and other firms receiving technical assistance.
• Follow and comply with the Project Implementation Manual and other Project Documents.
• Promote teamwork, enhance communication and timely exchange of information.
• Complete any other assignment from the Line manager or the Management of the Bank.
• Number of firms supported by the project
• Number of women-inclusive firms supported by the project
• Volume of financial support provided to firms
• Number of firms receiving technical assistance under the project
• Non-performing loan (NPL) ratio of project portfolio
• Impact created i.e. jobs created and multiplier effect, tax generated, etc.
• Private capital mobilized by the project
• All BRD departments
• All Project stakeholders
• A Masters’ degree in Finance, Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Economics or related discipline is required.
• A professional qualification (CFA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, PMP or other related advanced degree/certification) is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Knowledge of policies, practices, industry trends, technology and information affecting the banking industry.
• Sound Stakeholder Management and effective interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships.
• Skilled at problem solving, developing practical solutions, and influencing key stakeholders to drive successful implementation.
• Demonstrated team leadership, organizational and managerial skills and able to supervise a team.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and strong Excel skills.
• Strong strategic mindset and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team under tight deadlines.
• Excellent reporting writing, communication and analytical skills.
• Ability to coordinate group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear and properly communicated.
• An in-depth understanding of the local, regional and international financial markets.
• Negotiation skills and good communication skills (written and oral) in English and Kinyarwanda.
• Good knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.