Account Manager- Credit
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Account Manager- Credit
Locations: Malawi, Uganda, Zambia, Rwanda
Yellow’s goal is to build an enduring business that makes life better for our customers and creates great lives for our team. We provide solar-power electricity solutions and financed smartphones which makes these life changing products affordable to bottom of the pyramid households.
Our story is simple- we want our customers to enjoy a better life with energy in their home with a financed solar system, internet all the time with a financed smartphone and afford them opportunities through an ecosystem of digital and financial services.
We started selling through a network of rural agents and managed them remotely with technology, through a web-based platform we have developed called Ofeefee. Our operation is lean because it uses exponential tech solutions, which allows us to efficiently meet the challenges of last-mile distribution. But NOW…
What will you be joining?
Instead of launching first with an agent based network such as our previous ventures in Malawi and Uganda, we are first going to start by selling through urban based smartphone merchants (smartphone merchant shops). We want to understand in the quickest and least stock intensive way - how customers in each respective country repay their loans and can we become the biggest sustainable smartphone financing company in Africa.
Who are we looking for?
You will be managing a portfolio of smartphone merchants of which you will drive their collections(repayments), customer support, sales support and anything that your merchants may need to succeed as a business. Yellow will equip you with the tools and support. You will succeed in this role if you have strength or interest in running your own business currently or one day and love to take full ownership of a project. You should have a curious and creative mind, be eager to learn and build on your business acumen, as well as being able to address matters with pragmatism and practicality.
• Long-term oriented
• Performance based
• Great Communicator
• Happy to work with technology
• Happy to work remotely
• Very comfortable communicating (Speaking, Reading, Writing) in English
• If applying for Rwanda, must be able to speak and write Kinyarwanda, French an advantage
• Able to communicate effectively upwards to Senior Management
• Have strong leadership skills
• A go-getter, not shy at starting a conversation with merchants and customers
• Access to an Android smartphone
Remuneration and benefits:
• Performance based salary
• Exponential growth path within the company
• A rare opportunity to make an impact in the world by working with a world class startup Qualifications: The applicant must meet the following minimum professional qualifications to be considered for the position:
• Undergraduate degree in environment, communications, or a related field
• At least five years of professional experience working in media, communications, or related field in Rwanda
• Intimate knowledge of key environmental issues in Rwanda
• Familiarity with standard journalism and communications products and approaches
• Knowledge of core technical and policy issues pertinent to the development and implementation of environmental journalism programs
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience facilitating meetings and productively managing group discussions
• Experience working with diverse stakeholders from various social, political, and economic backgrounds
• Ability to work independently with minimal/long-distance supervision
• Ability to provide his/her own equipment for assignments
• Flexible attitude and work schedule (i.e., willing to work evenings and some weekends as needed)
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical coordination and leadership with a broad range of interested parties, across cultures, languages, and varying capacity levels
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
• Must be locally based in Rwanda with reliable access to internet
• Experience working with international stakeholders
• English and Kinyarwanda language proficiency is required
Location: The position would be based in Rwanda with travel nationally as needed.
Period of Performance: Nine months with the possibility of extension
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.