Accountant, Credit Control
Deadline of this Job:
13 February 2023
Date Posted: Friday, February 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accountant, Credit Control
To implement and maintain an effective and professional credit control system for the company.
Nature and Scope
The position reports to the Credit Controller, the Job holder is required to manage the company asset in form of debtors.
• Convener and Secretary to the credit control committee.
• Follow up on implementation of the credit control committee recommendations.
• Debt collection through providing debtors listing to sales team and updating the team on collections made.
• Writing monthly demand letters as a follow up procedure for debt collection
• Regular meeting with all Partners to ensure their debtor balances are up to date and premiums are collected in time.
• Liaising with the debt collectors/Lawyers for update on collection from the delinquent debtors.
• Timely payment of commissions to the intermediaries.
• Responding to queries raised by intermediaries within the agreed time.
• Ensure timely submission of quarterly signed Broker Statements to brokers.
• Follow up on credits in the bank statements and ensure they are receipted and accurately allocated Daily.
• Review and update the credit control procedures in line with the market, legislation and group policy.
• Ensure at least 90% credit control / premium collection success rate.
• Provide both internal and external auditors with requisite debtor’s details.
• Ensure proper filing of and soft copy storage of all credit control data / documents.
• Seek for more business in addition to Credit Control activities, especially when interacting with intermediaries and facultative partners.
• Provide monthly provision for Bad debts to be included in the financial reports.
• Calling, Emailing, writing Demand letters and also visiting clients
• Convening weekly meetings with Financial Advisors.
• Preparing monthly credit control reports.
• Assists in other duties as needed and directed.
Key Relationships and interfaces
• All Departments
• Facultative partners
• Internal and External Auditors
• BANKS, BNR, ASSAR & RRA Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
• University Degree in business or any other related field, CPA, ACCA is an added advantage
• Demonstrable experience on debt management or in a related function
• Proven ability to transfer knowledge to off colleagues into practical and beneficial use; strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to assist and co-operate with others in a team endeavor.
• Possess a positive attitude and motivation to acquire new knowledge.
• Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Customer focus and orientation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including note taking and summarizing skills and the ability to communicate well at all levels in a clear, appropriate and timely manner.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and highly entrepreneurial environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
• At least 4-5 Years of experience in a related field.
• Accurate debtors listing to be circulated to the sales team
• Prompt response to queries by intermediaries or as agreed but not more than one month.
• Ensuring debtors listing totals agree with the GL every month and any difference due to system error is reported to the ICT.
• Promote sales through timely payment of commissions,
• Timely collections of debtors to eliminate debtors write off.
• Strong work ethic;
• Ensure productivity and performance is achieved and exceeded;
• Expenditure in area of influence maintained within approved budget;
• Correct and timely provision of financial information.
• Absence of penalties from statutory authorities.
• Reconciliations and analyses of Debtors accurately done and on a monthly basis.
• Absence of issues from internal, external and statutory auditors
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.