Jobs at:Health Builders
Deadline of this Job:
31st October 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Health Builders is dedicated to addressing three fundamental challenges that prevent universal access to quality primary health care (PHC) services in Rwanda:
Inefficient management of clinical systems
Inadequate or nonexistent health infrastructure and
Through a close and collaborative partnership with the Ministry of Health and the local government, Health Builders trains and mentors PHC providers to improve the quality of health care; constructs comprehensive PHC centers where access is limited; and equips PHC centers with system strengthening technology that supports efficient and sustainable operations.
Health Builders is seeking skilled applicants for the following position to help support the organization and its mission to strengthen Rwanda’s health systems.
The Accountant will be based in Kigali and will report directly to the Country Director. His/her main role will be to design and implement an adequate accounting system that conforms to international accounting standards or Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and donor requirements. .
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Verify regularity of expenses and supporting documents; arrange payments to suppliers and employees
• Prepare monthly payroll for salaries
• Compile monthly employment income tax and social security contributions; ensure declarations and payments are done on time and according to Rwandan laws and regulations
• Verify and post transactions in QuickBooks or any other organization’s accounting system and maintain updated accounting records
• Keep proper filing of supporting documents for all the financial transactions
• Carry out monthly bank reconciliations
• Participate in the preparation of the Organization’s Budget, monitor and control its performance
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budget execution reports
• Ensure controls over petty cash are effective
• Verify Petty cash monthly reports
• Monitor and pay telephone, water and electricity bills as well as office supplies, maintenance, and repairs
• Prepare annual financial statements (Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities and Changes in Net Assets, Statement of Changes in Cash and Notes to the Accounts)
• Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing accounting information and trends
• Prepare and follow the Organization’s annual audits and make plans for implementing audit recommendations.
• Help Health Management Advisors (HMAs) to implement effective financial and Human Resource Management systems at the district level and health centre level
• Carry other tasks as required by the supervisor.
• Proficient use of QuickBooks or other accounting software
• Strong team player and collaborator
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent organizational skills and an ability to multitask
• High level of numeracy and financial analysis
• Strong communication skills – both written and oral
• Strong attention to detail
• Languages – professional proficiency in English, knowledge of French is an advantage; native proficiency in Kinyarwanda is required
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Economics or related fields
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting role
Job Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Accounting
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Job application procedure
If you are qualified for these positions, please send your resume; cover letter; academic, professional and employment certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2019
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.