Jobs at:Health Sector Staff Mutual Aid Group-Hss-Mag
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2020
Date Posted: Friday, January 17, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda’s Health Sector has grown rapidly over the past 25 years. Being a services sector, one of its core assets is skilled and devoted personnel. To enhance staff motivation, retention, the Ministry of Health (MoH) together with various stakeholders in the Health Sector championed the establishment of a savings and credit scheme, called Health Sector Staff Mutual Aid Group (HSS-MAG) where staff can accumulate savings and access affordable loans. Additionally, it aims to stimulate a saving culture and promote social cohesion among Health Sector staff. .
• Support HSS-MAG Manager to provide accurate and timely records of all the financial transactions of HSS-MAG.
• To structure the accounting department, determine the resource requirement and recommend any changes that are deemed necessary in order to improve the efficiency of the accounting department;
• To ensure that all taxes and statutory deductions are paid on time,
• Prepare all payments and submit to authorized persons for approval with supporting documents,
• Responsible of petty Cash Management;
• To take on the responsibility of the monthly, financial reporting in accordance with HSS-MAG reporting package
• To ensure that the savings and loans ageing lists are issued in a timely manner in accordance with the HSS – MAG Procedures;
• To ensure that all reconciliations are prepared on a monthly basis, including but not limited to bank reconciliations, savings and loans reconciliations, tax reconciliations where applicable (e.g. VAT, PAYE, withholding taxes and any others that may be pertinent to Rwanda), statutory deductions reconciliations (RSSB), etc.
• To ensure that the cash flow forecasts are prepared and issued in a timely manner in accordance with the HSS-MAG policies;
• To take charge of the treasury management to include managing the cash flow, liaising with the company’s bankers,
• Ensure the respect of the internal control procedures related to financial operations and funds disbursements;
• Keeping all cash management document (Check Book, Receipt Book, Payment Order, LPO,)
• Ensure that the accounting books are adequately filled including the deposit journal, credit journal, incomes and expenditure journal, bank journal, and the main ledger;
• Keep chronologically in safe place all supporting documents to justify the operations done;
• Ensure the control of all cash in and out of HSS-MAG and oversees cash operations before they are counterchecked by the Manager,
• Report to the Manager on a monthly basis on the performance of accounting operations and the financial statements of HSS-MAG,
• He/She is responsible and liable of all accounting malpractices of HSS/MAG, including loss and poor handling of supporting documents, lack or inadequate filing of accounting books, inaccuracy in financial reports, noncompliance with procedures in cash utilization (payments, transfers, money safe mismanagement, etc.),
• Participate in the preparation of HSS-MAG annual plan and budget; Manage budget to ensure that budget line items are expended as per approved budget; Prepare the budget execution report;
• In coordination with the person responsible of credit and risk management, ensure timely disbursement of funds to members and regularly update management on loans and repayments status
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Advanced degree in soil science, environmental science, or a closely related field
• English Language required; French, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi are a plus
• Creative and diligent approach to work; flexibility and humility
• 3+ years of experience in agriculture with an emphasis on soil carbon dynamics or GHG fluxes, ideally in a development setting with smallholder farmers
• Experience of soil carbon modeling, e.g. in CENTURY, APSIM, RothC, NDICEA
• Experience using a mixture of quantitative and qualitative research methods at large scales, and producing systematic reviews and meta-analyses
• Working knowledge of trends in global carbon markets and certification requirements
• Experience leading collaborative work with multi-disciplinary teams
• Must be of Rwandan nationality
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda; French is an asset
• Must hold a Bachelor’s degree (A0) in Accounting or in Finance with 3-year experience in a savings and credit institution. Holding a CPA or ACCA is an added advantage;
• High Analytical skills;
• Report writing and presentation skills.
• Time management skills;
• Excellent problem-solving skills and clear logical thinking;
• Proven working experience in the microfinance field
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Good mastery of accounting software, plus other common computer skills ((MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel)
• Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
• Honest and trustworthy.
• Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit soft copies of the motivation letter, CV and notarized copy of required degree, other important documents and Maximum of 3 persons of professional references addressed electronically to the HSS-MAG Secretariat at the Ministry of Health, latest Monday 24th January 2019 on the following email address: email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.