Jobs at:National Cooperatives Confederation of Rwanda (NCCR)
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Background of National Cooperatives Confederation of Rwanda (NCCR)
The National Cooperatives Confederation of Rwanda (NCCR) is the umbrella organization that promotes and represents the interests of the cooperative movement in Rwanda. The NCCR was granted legal entity on 22 December 2010 and this was published in the Official Gazette N° 25 of 20/06/2011. In 2012 and is a member of the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA), which is the body that represents and serves cooperatives worldwide.
Its Mission Statement is to support its member Federations, Unions, and Primary Cooperatives through Capacity Development, Information sharing, Advocacy, and collaboration with Public, Private, and Civil society organizations at local, regional, and international levels.
Summary Of Scope Of Work
NCCR seeks the Accountant, who will be reporting to the Executive Secretary. S/he will be responsible for developing and implementing financial procedures in compliance with internal policies and procedures. The key tasks include overseeing monthly financial transactions, procurement, consulting and purchase agreements, S/he will conduct the implementation of financial activities by ensuring that they are implemented in accordance with the organization’s mission, strategic objectives, and program approaches. S/he will be responsible for the day to day management of the finance of NCCR and serve as the main point of contact for financial management of Institution.
Key duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Maintain accurate and complete accounting records,
• Comply and adhere to donor regulations and procedures,
• Prepare financial reports,
• Track budget/expenses to ensure proper cash flow,
• Review all payables documents for completeness, validity and accuracy before preparing payments for supplies and services providers,
• Prepare payments vouchers after ensuring that support documents are complete (request, invoice, delivery note, purchase order or contact, travel request and expenses),
• Ensure monthly/quarterly declaration and payments of all statutory deductions to the RRA.
• Produce and/or oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and reports.
• Prepare the monthly staff payroll and disseminate pay slips to staff,
• Reconcile on a monthly basis all project bank accounts,
• Manage the petty cash,
• Maintain check register & checkbooks in a safe place,
• Participate in the budgeting process,
• Perform any other task as requested by the supervisor,
• Prepare and coordinate annual budget preparations for the board approval and monitor budget execution and report on any significant trends/variance.
• Propose modifications in processes and procedures to NCCR Board and ES, as needed, including
• Propose modifications in processes and procedures to NCCR Board and ES, as needed, including but not limited to expenditure planning and cash flow management best practices.
• To report directly to the Executive Secretary of NCCR
• Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management.
• Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
• Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
• Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
• Build and maintain constructive and ethical business relationship with suppliers and private sector operators;
• Ensure that monthly and quarterly site procurement plans are developed, submitted, and within budget limits and compliant with donor requirements
• Prepare monthly status reports on procurement, assets,
• Oversee and ensure proper storage stock items and assets and maintain accurate inventory, assets and stock management, system;
• Supervise the work of the Driver, Cook/Cleaner and other supply chain staff and operations support staff;
• Ensure that NCCR vehicles are managed according to NCCR’s policies and procedures, including efficient fuel consumption, maintenance and repairs, mileage monitoring, and reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and others related fields from a recognized institution,
• At least five (5) years of experience in accounting or auditing
• Computer skills: MS Office, advanced Excel preferred
• Good written and verbal skills in English, Kinyarwanda
• Experience in local taxes and statutory rules & regulations,
• Proficiency in Software such QuickBooks,
• Standards of accounting,
• Having prior experience of at least 3 years with International Donor funding or with local companies,
Competencies /Skills required
• Analytical thinking and sound judgment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work with various administrative and program levels of the project.
• Strong organizational and research skills with a thorough understanding of finance and accounting principles, procedures, and techniques.
• Confidentiality and ethical behavior,
• Teamwork and time consciousness,
• Knowledge of accounting process, systems and principles.
• Data analysis,
• Attention to detail,
• Effective communication,
• Critical thinking,
• Well-developed Interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of regulatory standards,
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to situations as required due to changes on the ground;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision;
• Capacity to think ahead and highlight areas of risk and concern;
• Ability to work in a sensitive, multi-cultural context as a respectful team player and Accountant;
• Situational awareness and good judgment in possible security situations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application to Chairperson of NCCR via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 2021 May 26th before end of business day.
NB: The application file should be submitted in one PDF file that combines
Updated CV (3 pages max), including three professional referees with names, title and contacts, References should include the current direct supervisor and previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
Proof of employment history.
Please not that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.