Jobs at:Rwanda Chamber of Tourism
Deadline of this Job:
05 June 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Rwanda Chamber of Tourism is one of the 10 professional chambers that currently exist under the umbrella of the Private Sector Federation (PSF), which is dedicated to promoting and representing the interests of the Rwandan business community. It was established in December 1999, replacing the former Rwanda Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Following the establishment of the PSF, the Rwanda Chamber for Tourism was established in 2006, with a mandate of enhancing business opportunities through effective lobbying and advocacy for the tourism and hospitality industry in Rwanda.
The Accountant will work under the supervision of the Director of Finance and administration and will undertake tasks related to promoting membership and Chamber/Associations’ programs. S/he will ensure excellent service delivery to members and potential members. Activities to the Chamber Director-General. She is expected to adhere to the PSF and COT code of conduct and ethics. Ultimately, the accountant will, on a regular basis, will be responsible for providing accurate quantitative information on the financial position, liquidity, and cash flows of our business, while ensuring the COT is compliant with all tax regulations. .
• Ensuring efficiency and accuracy of records
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Preparing financial statements and closing monthly records and reports
• Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; profit and loss statements, and other financial reports.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with financial and operational manual, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on required actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Requirements
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, finance, or a related field.
• Minimum at least 3 years’ experience in Accounting and/or finance.
• Having a professional accounting certificate (CPA, CMA, ACCA …) will be an added value.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability clearly communicate in English, Kinyarwanda, and French.
• Strong attention to detail with good analytical skills.
• Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, and Self-motivated.
• Excellent Presentation Skills.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs with 3 references and notarized degrees to the Director-General, Rwanda Chamber of Tourism not later than June 05, 2020, to the office of the Chamber of Tourism or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Chamber of Tourism is committed to diversity at the workplace and offers a supportive work environment. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.