Jobs at:Rwanda Development Organization (RDO)
Deadline of this Job:
19 June 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Development Organisation is a non-government Organisation founded by Rwandans in 1995 as a non-profit making organization.
It has a vision of sustainable development for the Rwandan community who have to enjoy a good standard of living with the ability to satisfy their basic as well as secondary needs. Rwanda Development Organisation (RDO) received funding from TROCAIRE to support the Rwanda Climate Change Network (RCCN) to grow into a strong advocacy network. The network is gradually growing and intends to hire one (1) Accountant to be part of the RCCDN management team. S/he will provide assistance inefficient financial planning and accounts management under all programs/projects implemented by RCCDN that will include, but not limited to, maintaining account books, streamlining and upgrading the accounting system, accounts reconciliation, and financial reporting.
Objectives And Scope
The Accountant will be responsible for executing the related intervention/s by providing desired support in streamlining the existing financial accounting system commensurate with the operational requirements of RCCDN as elaborated in its Accounting and Financial Management Manual. In performing the accounting/ book-keeping related activities, the incumbent will coordinate and consult with the RCCDN’s Coordinator, the Finance and Administrative Officer, the Programmes Officer and project management officers, some of whom will be hired at a letter stage. All the mentioned members of the team will be consulted on a daily basis as and when necessary. .
Specifically, the Accountant will:
Finance and Accounts
• Support RCCDN in handling all Financial Management activities especially, Accounting related tasks pertaining to programmes/projects managed by RCCDN.
• Assist in finalizing the Charts of Accounts for Project accounting at all levels.
• Maintain and supervise all accounting records and books.
• Developing and using spreadsheet applications to follow up on the grant accounts and prepare periodic financial reports.
• Manage cash balance and details of financial backlogs.
• Verify payments to ensure that all expenditures are authorized and recorded with all necessary supporting documentation.
• Prepare withdrawal applications for account replenishment, process payment orders etc.
• Prepare periodic financial statements for RCCDN.
• Ensure that the accounting system covers all the project activities and provide support to enable the systems to upgrade to an online/accrual accounting system whenever required.
• Support internal audit processes pertaining to programmes/projects of RCCDN.
Report Documentation and Coordination
• Prepare monthly reconciliation reports for all Bank Accounts on a timely basis.
• Ensure record-keeping of all transactions like payment of bills after approval of the competent authority.
• Support preparation of the quarterly consolidated Interim Unaudited Financial Reports of the Project in agreed formats in a timely manner to ensure submission to the different funding partners within 15 days of the end of the quarter.
• Prepare annual RCCDN accounting status and financial statement reports covering details of the financial positions of the network.
• Coordinate with and promptly inform the Coordinator, RCCDN about any financial discrepancies, variances, etc. and/or any other related financial information.
• Assist in coordinating with all spending officers of RCCDN for timely submission of their respective budgets, fund requests, expenditure reports etc.
• Liaise with the funding partners’ team, other project implementation team members, and other stakeholders to establish necessary project coordination and accomplish operational requirements for day-to-day tasks.
• Participate in relevant seminars, workshops, consultations etc. as and when required.
• Perform any other relevant task as delegated by the finance and administrative officer and/or the Coordinator.
Reporting and Review
• The Accountant will report to the Financial and Administrative Officer and/or Coordinator, RCCDN and work under the direct supervision of the Financial and Administrative Officer, RCCDN on a day-to-day basis. Under circumstances that the network has no Financial and Administrative Officer, the accountant will be reporting directly to the Coordinator.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills
• Good interpersonal skills: the ability to work efficiently and effectively across sectors and teams to ensure the Project outcomes/deliverables
• Capability to use the internet for any secondary research
• Excellent computer skills in accounting software and MS-Office: Word, Excel, and PPT
• Ability to work in a team and liaise well with others
Educational Qualification and Experience
• Fulltime Graduate Degree from a reputed university in Accounting/ Financial Management/ Public Finance or any other equivalent stream.
• Demonstrated experience of at least 3 years in finance management and accounting
• Fluency in spoken and written English is a must and working knowledge of French is an added advantage.
• NOTE: Candidates having relevant experience in dealing with NGO accounts and grant funding will be given preference and weightage over and above the required qualification.
Job Education Requirements: Graduate Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who fulfill the required educational qualification and relevant experience may send their applications addressed to the Executive Secretary, Rwanda Development Organisation (RDO), and clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ACCOUNTANT IN RCCDN” to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 19th June 2020 at 15:00 P.M.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment information.
The initial period of the contract shall be for one year with the possibility of further extension subject to the performance of the selected candidate, and availability of funds.
LAST DATE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION IS 19th June 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.