Jobs at:Alliance for Healthy Communities (AHC)
Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Alliance for Healthy Communities (AHC), Kigali-Rwanda
Duty Station: Kigali, May serve elsewhere as occasion demands
Starting date: December 1,2022
Deadline: November 10,2022
Alliance for Healthy Communities (AHC), a Rwandan Non-Governmental Organization, is seeking qualified candidates for an immediate opening in the position of the accounting officer. Under the supervision of Finance and Budget Monitoring Director, the Accounting officer will be responsible for providing assistance in the day –to-day finance operations of the HIV/AIDS project located in Rwanda to include; organisation of finances, preparation of cheque vouchers, journal vouchers, recording of financial transactions, bank reconciliation and any other Tasks as maybe required from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Make all program payments, verify the accuracy of vendors’ invoices, computations and other supporting documents to ensure completeness before a payment is made.
• Maintain accounting records and an adequate filling system so that information can be quickly retrieved.
• Ensure that field activities are financed on time.
• Justifications, head of field activities accounting for the advance received up on 3 days after completion of field program activity.
• Ensure that field advance is justified within five working days after the activities.
• Carry out monthly reconciliation for All Program Bank accounts and ensure they are complete not later than the 5th day of the next month.
• Cash replenishments, and carries out surprise petty cash audit at least once a month
• Ensure proper AHC stock management by making sure that stock items are counted and recorded before being kept in a store and vice versa
• Effective contributor to all Team Goals and deliverables.
• Provides high standard of customer service to all stakeholders.
• Any other Tasks as maybe required from time to time.
• Accountant working towards CPA or ACCA Qualification. Qualified Accountant- CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
• 3-5 years working experience with a similar role preferable in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
• Solid understanding of accounting and internal controls.
• QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite
• Hands-on experience in bookkeeping, accounting, journal entries and preparation of financial statements
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles, laws, rules and regulations on grants and contracts.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills,
• Self-motivated and can work independently with minimal support and supervision,
• Strong technical and organizational skills,
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain professional relationships,
• Ability to work with all levels of personnel local and international,
• Requires in-depth knowledge of the use of computer systems and related software,
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications are accepted until November 10,2022 at 23:59 PM. Only selected candidates will be contacted by phone and email for interview. Qualified candidates may submit a resume with 3 professional references, cover letter addressed to the Executive Director, certified copy of the academic degrees, Interested candidates should send their application to email@example.com. We will only consider applications submitted online. Also note that before signing the contract, the selected candidate will submit a valid criminal record.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.