Jobs at:Chemonics Soma Umenye LLC
Deadline of this Job:
09 March 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chemonics Soma Umenye LLC is a five-year USAID-funded activity that aims to improve reading outcomes in Kinyarwanda for at least 1 million children in public and government-aided schools in Rwanda. Covering all 30 districts of Rwanda and working in close collaboration with the Rwanda Education Board (REB) and the Rwandan Ministry of Education (MINEDUC), Soma Umenye will contribute to Rwanda’s Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) and the Government of Rwanda’s national development priority of ensuring that Rwandan primary-grade students acquire the fundamental competency of literacy so that they can succeed in future schooling and, later, in the modern workplace .
• Maintain the VAT reconciliation tracker on a monthly basis. Follow up with RRA on reimbursement to the project;
• Review submitted travel advance and authorization requests and ensuring that staff have no outstanding travel advance prior to the issuance of payment;
• Review submitted expense reports, ensuring that calculations are done correctly, and all supporting documentation is included;
• Review of staff travel advances and reconcile each staff travel advance on a monthly basis.
• Monitor and manage this receivable account and immediately follow up with any staff who has not settled her/his advance on time.
• Reconcile the withholding tax and social security accounts to match with staff and the stakeholders’ PINs
• Reconcile the mobile money account on a monthly basis;
• Follow up with internal and external audit/review recommendations implementation related to receivables and reconciliations and ensure they are fully implemented;
• Verify the validity of the receivables account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from Abacus;
• Follow of on unreconciled transactions and ensure they are corrected in the following month;
• Summarize, analyze, and report on all accounts receivable on a monthly basis and submit reports to the Director of Finance and Deputy Chief of Party-Operations;
• All other tasks as request supervisor and/or his/her designee (Bookings and general accounting activities).
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Completion of secondary school is required, and a bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in accounting and/or financial management or technical education is desirable;
• Three to five years of progressively responsible experience is required in accounting and financial management of USAID or similar donor-funded development activities with increasing levels of responsibility required;
• Prior experience with cash-based accounting required;
• Demonstrated financial management experience in donor-funded development projects required;
• Membership in a professional body, such as Certified Public Accountants, preferred;
• Demonstrated exemplary diplomatic, communication, and interpersonal skills;
• Written and spoken proficiency in English.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.