Accountant (Under Contract)
Jobs at:National Industrial Research And Development Agency
Deadline of this Job:
08 November 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accountant (Under Contract) at National Industrial Research And Development Agency .
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare payments for projects (development budget)
• Receive purchase orders and requests for payments in local mode (through BNR)
• Process payment in smart IFMIS through local mode (indirect payments).
• Ensure approval of payment and submission to BNR
• Check regularly payments made by BNR or NIRDA?
• Strengthen and maintain network with BNR and Development partners and MINECOFIN.
• Filling of project accounting documents
• Put in place a proper filling system for project documents.
• Ensure regular filling of accounting documents for projects
• Facilitate internal and external audits
• Responsible for transparent and consistent filing of all accounting, banking and cash management documents.
• Check and control to ensure quality and completeness of justification and supporting accounting documents of all expenses following project financial guidelines.
• Produce project monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
• Prepare bank accounts reconciliation statements
• Analyze financial statements for consistency
• Correct errors found in financial statements.
• Consolidate the accounting information and fill in the reporting format provided by MINECOFIN specifically for projects.
• Follow up the approval of the financial statement report submitted to development partners and MINECOFIN in due time.
• Ensure accounting coding and budgeting lines are correct: this includes verification of financial reports, expenses and supporting documents.
• Declare and pay VAT and withholding taxes of NIRDA
– SPIU service providers
• Identify service providers whose VAT and withholding taxes are to be declared and paid.
• Fill in the RRA format for both VAT and withholding taxes.
• Process online declaration of VAT and withholding taxes though RRA website and print acknowledgement receipts.
– SPIU Banking & cheque and cash management.
• Prepare, register and keep cheques for projects.
• Prepare and Verify project staff payroll for bank transfers at the end of each month.
• Ensures all invoices from external parties (contractors, suppliers,…) are paid in due time, by bank transfer, cheque or cash and arrange those documents by date: His task is preparing bank transfer and cheque documents; and manage pipe line payment to external parties.
• Check and approve project payment documents and further the request to Finance department for payment.
• Attend and record all Project bank transactions, maintain bank accounts, ensure monthly bank statements and account overviews.
• Prepare cash calls prepare face forms to development partners and forward them for approval
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A0 in Finance, Accounting, and Economics specialized in Monetary and Banking and Management specialized in Accounting and Finance
• Masters in Finance, Accounting, Economics specialized in Monetary and Banking and Management specialized in Accounting and Finance
• Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA) is an added advantage
• 3 years relevant experience in management of government or development partner funded programs/projects
NB: The proof of the required documents must be uploaded in IPPIS ( PDF format ) for our verification.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : http://recruitment.mifotra.gov.rw/Vacancies/Details/6538
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.