Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, November 19 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• AKADEMIYA2063 has a vacancy for an Accountant who will work with the highest level of efficiency to promote Grants financial stewardship, accountability, reliability, and accuracy of financial information as well as proper implementation of donor policies and regulations. S/he will provide support in the execution of financial services of AKADEMIYA2063 projects and institutional activities with ensuring effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services. S/he shall promote a client-oriented approach consistent with AKADEMIYA2063 rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Director of Finance & Administration, the Accountant will perform the following duties:
• Allocate, code, input and update the accounting software with budgets and expenditures in line with the donor policies and regulations and in compliance with accepted accounting practices.
• Prepare and track invoices and funds requests submitted to donors.
• Develop an annual staff time allocation schedule consistent with the approved project and institutional budgets and prepare monthly charge tables for salaries and benefits.
• Ensure proper recording, reporting, and accounting for salary and benefits by preparing salary and related statutory journals, undertaking payroll reconciliations, and providing payroll reports as and when required.
• Update and reconcile travel advances, float advances, prepayments, receivables, taxes, and other accounts as may be assigned from time to time. Prepare periodic reports and ensure timely settlement of these accounts.
• Prepare timely remittance of taxes, requests for tax refunds and tax declarations and ensure full compliance with tax laws within AKADEMIYA2063 operating jurisdictions.
• Preparation and submit accurate monthly bank reconciliation and timely clearance and/or escalation of outstanding issues.
• Draft grants/donor reports in line with donor approved budgets and regulations while ensuring timely and accurate reporting.
• Draft quarterly budget execution reports and provide ad hoc budget utilization reports to Program Leads, as and when required.
• Support the development of proposal and concept note budgets as well as revision/modification of program budgets in line with project needs and donor regulations.
• Tracking grant receipts and updating the Grants Dashboard. Maintaining grant checklists and data sheets and consistently updating grant information.
• Monitoring project budgets utilization and preparing adjusting journals to align costs to approved budgets.
• Reviewing sub-grantee & collaborators reports for compliance with approved budgets and closing out any issues identified.
Asset, Stocks, and Inventory Management:
• Maintenance of fixed asset register.
• Record and update asset listing, coding, verification, disposal, and asset movements.
• Maintain an inventory schedule for all assets purchased under different grants.
• Ensure all assets and inventory are properly tagged and branded as per the A2063 and donor guidelines.
• Perform inventory counts periodically in line with Grant and A2063 guidelines.
• Ensure asset disposal is as per the laid down policies and donor guidelines.
• Keep back-ups of financial data and reports regularly.
• Support external, internal and project / donor audit exercises as well as implementation of financial audit recommendations.
• Report suspected and possible finance malpractices to the DFA.
• In liaison with the DFA, work with Internal Auditors to keep the Risk Register up to date.
• Any other duties as assigned or required from time to time.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business administration, Business studies, or a closely related field.
• At least 4 years of relevant working experience within a donor funded nonprofit organization.
• Full professional accounting certification (e.g.: CMA, CPA, or ACCA).
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, such as QuickBooks
• Solid knowledge of grant management principles and donor funding accounting, including U.S. government and European Union donor funding management
• Experience communicating financial information to a non-financial audience.
• Excellent presentation skills with ability to organize and present issues in a clear, concise, and logical manner.
• Strong accounting technical skills, including knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Strong analytical skills with hands-on experience in deriving and disseminating financial analytics that are key for organizational performance.
• Proficient in MS Excel and has ability to navigate within accounting systems and other databases.
• Ability to manage competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines, exercise good judgment, and quickly identify and resolve problems with minimum supervision.
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professionalism.
• Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with staff, partners, and donors.
• Good command of English; working knowledge of French would be an added advantage.
• Commitment to AKADEMIYA2063’s mission and core values.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application: CV and cover letter in English, by November 19, 2023, to email@example.com . Please include the position title in the subject line.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• This Job Description only serves as a guide for the available position. AKADEMIYA2063 reserves the right to change, revise, omit, and add in part / in whole to this document.
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• AKADEMIYA2063 is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
• By sending an application, candidates give consent for their personal data to be processed solely for applicable recruitment procedures.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for AKADEMIYA2063, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.