Jobs at:All the Bible in Community (ABC)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 16 2023
Date Posted: Monday, November 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Purpose Statement
The Accountant is tasked with performing a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, participating in organizational budgeting processes, book keeping, and preparation of management and financial reports. The ideal candidate must possess expert proficiency in using accounting software, specifically QuickBooks Online, and be highly proficient in both Kinyarwanda and English.
• Assisting in coordination of both short term and medium term departmental and organizational budgeting process;
• Responsible for book keeping and ensuring internal procedures guiding the same are observed at all times;
• Preparation of payment vouchers and ensuring they are duly filed;
• Recording all accounting transactions in the organization’s accounting system regularly;
• Performing monthly bank reconciliations for all organization’s bank accounts together with other assets and liabilities regular reconciliations;
• Ensure healthy donors’, vendors’ and beneficiaries’ relationships by observing the organization’s obligations are met on a timely basis;
• Preparation of various donor reports;
• Ensuring that organization’s spending is done in accordance with the approved budget;
• Tracking and reporting on actual expenditure versus the budgeted expenditure;
• Ensuring the organization complies to all relevant tax laws and regulations at all levels of its operations;
• Processing staff payroll payments and ensuring all relevant laws and regulations are observed as required by law;
• Assessing and managing the Ministry's risk and liability and periodically inform management;
• Being responsible for the financial operations of the Ministry including banking, accounting functions, payroll verification, work plan and budget preparation;
• Managing all aspects of the annual and/or periodic audit;
• Preparing monthly, Quarterly and annual financial reports and management reports and presents the same to the Management;
• Establishing and maintaining contact with financial institutions;
• Ensuring that the funds of the Organization are administered according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the Organization;
• Performing other duties as assigned by the Business Manager and or Executive Director.
Specific duties and responsibilities, along with the terms of employment, will be detailed in the employment contract.
Skills & Competencies
• Exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
• Advanced analytical abilities.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with excellent interpersonal capabilities.
• High proficiency in both Kinyarwanda and English.
• Keen attention to detail complemented by solid problem-solving skills.
• Robust organizational skills with the proficiency to multitask in a dynamic environment.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks Online.
• Proven expertise in computer applications, including the Microsoft Office suite.
• A task- and people-oriented approach with a professional demeanor.
• A firm understanding of Biblical principles and a commitment to the vision of advancing the Kingdom of God.
• Bachelors’ degree in Administration or Management with strict specialization in Accounting and Finance
• An accounting professional qualification (CAT, ATD, CPA) shall be an additional advantage;
• At least two (2) years’ experience in the same, or relevant position in non-profit making organizations is an added advantage.
• Good computer knowledge (MS Office)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates are required to submit the following documents:
• A cover letter addressed to the Executive Director;
• A detailed CV, including three (3) references (with email addresses and active contact phone numbers): one must be the candidate's Senior Pastor, and none should be family members;
• A recommendation letter from the Senior Pastor of the church where the candidate is a member in good standing;
• Scanned, certified copies of their academic qualifications;
• A copy of their National ID.
• NB: Please ensure that all the required documents are compiled into a single file before submission. Incomplete applications that do not contain all the requirements may result in disqualification from the selection process.
• Interested candidates can apply by sending their application documents on firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 PM on 08 November 2023.
• Only those candidates who meet all the requirements will be shortlisted and subsequently contacted for the examination and interview phases.
• Done at Kigali, on 03 November 2023
• ABC Management
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.