Jobs at:Association des Guides du Rwanda (AGR)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, November 30 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overview of the role
The Accountant will be responsible for the P.L.A.N.E.T.E project in particular and AGR accounting and financial reporting controls in general under the supervision of the Executive Director and functional guidance of the AGR Commissioner in charge of Treasury. Within policies and procedures the accountant should be proactive, analyzing, and recommending alternative action in every respect, and operate in line with AGR donor requirements, procedures and guidelines, and the organization plan.
• Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliation Statement;
• Receive and verify all invoices from suppliers of goods, works and services and related attached documents (contract, delivery note, evaluation report, purchase order, …) and record them.
• Maintain the petty cash book based on the documents provided by the cashier
• Record entries of revenue and expenditure into the accounting software;( Quick Book)
• Prepare on monthly basis the aging of all receivables and payables accounts and submit report to the Executive Director not later than 10th of the following month,
• Prepare monthly , quarterly and annual financial statements as required by AGR ; i.e. Statement of revenue and expenditure and Statements of net assets ;
• Ensure sufficient liquidity on AGR's accounts and inform the management in case of scarce or excess liquidity to make necessary action.
• Correct errors found in financial statements and Follow up the approval of the financial statement reports;
• Put in place a proper filling system and Ensure regular filling of accounting documents;
• Facilitate internal and external audits.
• Prepare payroll and declarations
• Provides /Ensure proper storage and access for all contracts, leases and other financial records
• Utilizes leadership skills and motivation to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Coordinate external and internal audit activities;
• Assist and guide clearance of all queries raised by external as well as internal auditors;
• Follows all applicable laws, especially in accounting policies, procedures and guidelines
• Monitor the implementation of the employees’ performance contracts and their appraisals and consolidate and submit the annual performance evaluation report of employees;
• Advise the management and employees on compliance with public service laws and regulations in force;
• Advise the management on human resource management and work-related issues;
• Manage staff complaints
• Performs any other duties assigned by AGR.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
Minimum qualifications and experience required
• Should have a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration;
• Having ACCA or CPA qualification is an added advantage;
• Minimum 2-5 years of experience as an Accountant;
• Be capable of maintaining strong internal controls in the course of duty discharge to prevent financial, legal, operational, and other perceivable risks;
• Have a strong mastery of accounting principles, concepts that maximize integrity of financial records and maintain strong internal controls;
• Having experience in auditing is an added advantage;
• Having knowledge on best practices (International Financial Reporting
• Standards (IFRS), regulations and policies especially from RRA;
• Excellent skills in use of spreadsheet mainly excel;
• Be deadline-oriented, great attention to details and readiness to work under pressure with minimum supervision;
• Ability to take initiative and resolve queries in a practical and positive
• Excellent written and verbal communication in French is a must, having knowledge in English, and Kinyarwanda is an add value
• Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
• Curriculum vitae with 3 referee names,
• Notarized Academic Documents and certificates.
• National ID.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified applicants should send their both combined cover letter and well-detailed CV (all as a single PDF document) via email email@example.com not later than 24th November 2023
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
• Done at Kigali on November 13, 2023
• RUZIGANA Pamela
• Chief Commissioner
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.