Jobs at:Chance for childhood
Deadline of this Job:
18 December 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, December 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Accountant
Reporting to:Head of Finance, UK
Salary:RWF 12,000,000 pa gross, plus transport allowance,
Contract/ Hours:Fixed term, 1 year / full time
About Chance for Childhood
Chance for Childhood (CfC) is an INGO, registered in Rwanda to deliver locally led, relevant and sustainable development while enhancing disability inclusion across in development programming with a specific focus on inclusive education and safe spaces for children to grow learn and thrive. CfC has over 25 years of experience implementing holistic community-based projects with children in vulnerable situations across East Africa. The foundation of our approach is to recognise and respond to intersecting vulnerabilities with a particular focus on enhancing disability detection to enhance life chances and educational outcomes for children.
Chance for Childhood is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated individual to oversee financial accounting responsibilities including but not limited to generating accurate financial reports while ensuring compliance with organisation procedures as well as other stakeholders over the control environment so that financial results are accurate, valid and complete.
• Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording of transactions, generating financial reports, and any analysis of financial information as may be required from time to time
• Provide input to organisation level budgets and forecasts as well as support the programs team in the development of new project budgets while ensuring cost-effectiveness and good value for money
• Ensure timely submission of project financial reports and request of funds to the various donors accordingly
• Work closely with the project managers to monitor project activities against workplan and budgets, highlighting financial implications and risks to project delays or issues
• Ensure overhead recoveries and project support costs are appropriately charged to the correct fund code with reference being made to the donor budget and terms of grant/grant agreement
• Periodically review expenditure made at the time to ensure proper documentation checking for purchase requisitions, quotations, approvals, invoices, delivery notes, receipts etc
• In collaboration with the program manager, facilitate on a quarterly basis the partner finance assessment/check
• Managing the day-to-day finance function of the office, maintaining financial controls, managing petty cash, regular payment runs etc.
• Reconciling the organisation’s bank statements against bookkeeping ledgers
• Monitoring/managing income and expenditure accounts while keeping a check on the organisation’s finances/cash flow based on financial status
• Filing and remitting statutory deductions such as taxes, social security and other financial obligations
• Managing financial and accounting software used within the organisation
• Ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP, FASB), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control
• Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines
• Identify and implement improvements to processes to enhance efficiency and value for money
• Assist with and act as the primary point-of-contact for auditor requests
• Provide support in carrying out financial due diligence checks with new and existing project partners
• Help build the financial capacity of project partners based on capacity gaps identified (requiring travel to partners’ offices outside Kigali)
• Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• Experience in accounting and finance position of between 3 to 5 years
• Ability to summarise and communicate detailed financial reports for donors and/or stakeholders in a clear and understandable way
• Experience budget preparation
• Experience in payroll management
• Excellent competency in using Microsoft Office software (i.e. Excel, Word)
• Knowledge of tax regulations with specific interest in INGO operations
• Excellent written and spoken competency in English
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Flexibility and ability to work with a diverse team
• Excellent communication skills
• Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CPA or any other equivalent)
• Competency in using NetSuite software
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application (in one PDF document) including:
a one page motivation letter
a two page Curriculum Vitae (CV) having names of three referees with contact emails and telephones
disclosure of any prior misconduct or termination of past employment, with consent to the disclosure by the former employers as part of the recruitment process
copy of ID
copy of relevant education qualification documents.
All applications are to be addressed to the Head of Finance through the following email address: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 18th December 2022
Only applications sent via the above e-mail shall be considered
Only candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted
Incomplete applications shall be rejected.
Chance for Childhood is committed to safeguarding everyone we encounter.
We have a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect, and exploitation of all people. Everyone that works with us is required to share and uphold this commitment through signing and complying with our Global Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
Pre-employment checks are undertaken to ensure high standards are maintained, including a police check (or equivalent) and references.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.