Jobs at:Dignity in Detention (DIDE)
Deadline of this Job:
12 November 2021
Date Posted: Monday, November 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: Kigali office and possible travel to districts
Dignity in Detention (DIDE) is a Rwandan non-profit organization with extensive experience in training justice officials and working within Rwanda’s prison system to provide rehabilitative psycho-social support to detainees. DIDE has been conducting projects in Rwanda for 20 years to ensure that women and adolescents in detention enjoy the protection, mental care, and education they deserve. Over the years, and especially among young people in detention in Rwanda, we have become aware of the need to integrate a comprehensive approach to rehabilitation. Developing knowledge and know-how through schooling or vocational training programs is certainly essential in a perspective of reintegration. But that is not enough! Psychosocial and mental health support, including group activities and individual follow-up for cases of psychological distress, is the cornerstone of any educational and integration program. This is done through encouraging literacy and formal or informal school education; supporting vocational training; developing the acquisition of individual and social skills through psychosocial activities; stimulating the bonds of sociability and solidarity through sports, cultural, artistic activities; identifying, evaluating, and treating/referring individual cases of acute distress (mental health).
In collaboration with the administration and Finance manager, a successful accountant will be responsible to:
• Prepare financial documents like income statements and balance sheets
• Work with administration and finance manager and auditors both within and outside of the organization to ensure legal compliance
• Make sure all bookkeeping is accurate and adheres to Rwandan law
• Create budgets or advise on the creation of budgets and propose the implementation
• Properly store and manage financial data
• Regularly review and update bookkeeping for accuracy
• Review and update accounting processes and procedures as needed
• Make financial recommendations
• Manage or work on an accounting team
• Maintain confidential and secure storage of important financial information
• Create financial forecasts
• Communicate with clients and in-house stakeholders and
• Other tasks which can be assigned by the Direction of DIDE
• Prepare and execute day-to-day financial and accounting operations (invoicing, payments, inventory, bank reconciliations, …)
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Business administration, Finance, or related field from a recognized University
Required skills and experience
• Minimum of five years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in the professional field of finance and accounting in a not-for-profit organization.
• Experience of computerized accounting software, preferably QuickBooks, SAGE, and SunSystems. High level of IT proficiency in use of all MS Office applications.
• Understand Rwanda’s tax law and tax declaration
• Proven experience in budget management and internal controls
• Ability to work successfully as part of a diverse and multicultural team
• Ability to work in an international, multi-stakeholder environment, maintain effective and cooperative relations with national authorities as well as donors
• Proficient in Kinyarwanda, French, and English.
• Good communication skills;
• Can work independently
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to DIDEHRrecruitment@gmail.com on or before 12th November 2021, at 17h00 Kigali time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to their email addresses.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.