Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, November 05 2023
Date Posted: Friday, October 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Under the direct supervision and leadership of a Financial Controller, the Accountant will be in charge of the accounting of the Enabel managed projects.
• In compliance with applicable laws and regulations, s/he ensures the processing, entering and control of accounting data and documents of the portfolio/interventions/representation in order to provide qualitative accounting: reliable, timely and exhaustive.
In general, (s)he will:
• Be responsible for all accounting transactions and ensure the completeness and accuracy of imputation.
• Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting approval for disbursements.
• Perform periodical accounting closing.
• Ensure that the accounting reflects the reality to support budget execution analysis and planning.
• Support the Financial controller in managing and following up the grants.
• Manage the questions regarding fiscal and social domains in order to ensure complete and qualitative information on these matters.
• Follow the accounting procedures and rules of the Republic of Rwanda and Enabel, in order to assure that the information presented in the financial reports is correct, as to provide a reliable basis for decision-making.
• Manage the bank accounts and cash flows & balances.
• Analyse the treasury position and prepare the request for funds.
• Verify the compliance of invoices and salaries according to the procedures and ensure their timely payment.
• Carry out the banking reconciliation.
• Support to internal and external audits
• Carry out some administrative and logistics task related to the project management unit (Driver scheduling, field mission’s organisation, small procurement, workshop bookings, assets inventory …)
qualification and experience
• Rwandan Citizen;
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Management,
• Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in similar position of which at least 2 years specifically in Accounting, in the same position or equivalent within either a public organization, a government project or a highly recognized private organization;
• Having a relevant working experience of at least 2 years with development projects and programs shall constitute an asset
• Proven knowledge of Grant Management will be an asset
• Experience in development cooperation project is an asset
• Completed ACCA / CPA is an asset
• Knowledge of management processes in the public sector (budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, treasury management, public contracts, internal control and audit) shall constitute an advantage
• Having strong oral and written communication skills in Kinyarwanda and English (French is an asset)
• Possess proven experience with accounting softwares
• Computer literate with proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel including Pivot Tables analysis and Power Point,
• Analytical skills and data consistency
• Mature and team player
• Service and client oriented,
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
• Ability to work in an international, multi-stakeholder environment, maintain effective and cooperative relations with national authorities as well as donors.
• Be of proven moral integrity.
• Possess strong analytical and assessment skills.
• Show a sense of responsibility and initiative (proactive).
• Adaptability, cultural-gender-age-religion-nationality sensitivity
• Able to fit in a collaborative governance mindset (Self responsible, accountable, proactive, authentic communication…)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel ( https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values ) .
• Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
• Applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents through Enabel website https://jobs.enabel.be/job/Kigali-Accountant/996136701/ by clicking the "Apply now" button including detailed Curriculum Vitae (max 5 pages), a motivation letter and a copy of University degree(s). Past and current service certificates also need to be attached to the application (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting). Specify in your CV the names of three referees (former direct supervisor) as well as their emails and telephone numbers. Submit the full file not later than 05th November 2023. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
• Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
• Enabel never requests money to be part of any recruitment process.
• Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.
• Done at Kigali, 19th October 2023
• Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.