Jobs at:INGABO Syndicate
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, October 09 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• INGABO Syndicate is a farmers' organization that received legal recognition on April 1st, 2005 (Official Gazette N007, Year 44, of 01st April, 2005), from the Government of Rwanda, specifically from the Ministry of Labor and Public Services. At present, INGABO Syndicate counts a membership of more than 16,051 members, comprising 44.9% (7,366) men and 55.1% (8,685) women. Those farmers are organized in diverse groups of agriculture professional organizations such as cooperatives and companies operating around different agricultural value chains. INGABO Syndicate is a founding member of EAFF (East Africa Farmers Federation), and is also a member of the World Farmers Organization (WFO) and is headquartered in Muhanga District, Southern Province. Its activities cover most of the districts of the country.
• To fulfil its mission of enhancing the technical and economic capacities of agricultural producers, empowering them to thrive as competitive players in the market, INGABO is actively implementing various programs. In pursuit of this objective, is currently seeking to hire personnel for the following positions:
B.1. Number of positions: (1)
B.2. Duration: 1 year renewable based on the employee’s performance and funds availability
B.3. Roles and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, her/his responsibilities include:
1. Record all financial transactions of the organization in the accounting books and ensure the right and safe keeping of all financial supporting documents.
2. Prepare periodic financial statements such as the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement to reflect the financial health of the organization.
3. Monitor cash movements, manage bank accounts, perform bank reconciliations, and forecast liquidity needs.
4. Prepare and submit required tax declarations and ensure its timely payment
5. Facilitate the organization of both internal and external audit activities by timely providing the requested documentation to auditors and providing the necessary financial and administrative information to ensure the smooth progress of audit activities.
6. Track payments to suppliers of goods and services and ensure timely repayment of debts by the organization's debtors.
7. Analyze financial data to identify trends, potential issues, and improvement opportunities.
8. Participate in the development of the organization's budget and forecast future financial performance.
9. Provide guidance to the management and the Board of directors on important financial matters, such as investments, costs, fund mobilization, etc.
10. Ensure the organization complies with all relevant accounting and financial regulations.
11. Proficiently use modern accounting tools and software to automate and streamline accounting processes.
12. Ensure compliance with the organization's administrative and financial procedures in the areas of finance, procurement, and logistical services
13. Regularly communicate with the technical departments of the organization to resolve financial issues and provide accurate information.
14. To ensure full compliance of operations with donors’ rules, regulations, and policies, and plan operations on a quarterly basis.
15. Ensure the proper management of INGABO union's assets and carry out depreciations in accordance with regulations
16. Supervise, coach and mentor other staff which are under his/her leadership
17. Prepare the Terms of Reference for services in line with his/her department
18. Perform any other task that would be solicited by the supervisor with nature to promote the organization’s interest
B.4. Qualifications and Experience
• Academic qualification with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, management or other related fields. Candidates with a CPA/ACCA certification will be encouraged
• 3-5 years of experience working in project finance
• Experience in using accounting software such as QuickBooks, SAGE, etc.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, power point and internet
• Experience working with online project management software is a plus· Time management skills and attention to details
• Strong communication skills, both internally and externally.
• Organizational Skills.
• Ethical behaviour.
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda and English, or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Candidates interested in applying for these positions are kindly requested to send their applications via the following email: email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 07/10/2023 at 5:00pm.
• The application package should comprise the following documents, consolidated into a single PDF file to be sent to the email addresses provided above.
• Updated CV
• Copy of degree certificate
• Service certificate for ensuring working experience
• Application letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of INGABO Syndicate
• Three referees with their phone number and emails
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• N.B: Only candidates meeting the required qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted for recruitment examinations. Hard copies will not be received.
• Dated in Muhanga, on September 29, 2023.
• MBABAZI Francois Xavier
• Chief Executive Officer
• Ingabo Syndicate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.